Page 37 of 42

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm
by Affin
david63 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:15 pm
Affin wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:29 pm
Downloaded what David describes but does not appear in ACP?
You have the wrong directory structure - see first post of this topic.
johwin61 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:46 pm
A module already exists: PRIVACY_POLICY
Manually delete that module via ACP

Ok so it does not work with 3.2.0?

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm
by david63
johwin61 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:23 pm
Thanks, but isn't that what I already did when I disabled the extension PRIVACY_POLICY , deleted the extension’s data and deleted the extension’s files from the filesystem? Perhaps I don't understand what you say.
In theory yes, but for some reason it did not remove everything so you now need to go into the ACP and remove that module via System > Module management

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:26 pm
by david63
Affin wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm
Ok so it does not work with 3.2.0?
Yes it does

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 pm
by Affin
david63 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:26 pm
Affin wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm
Ok so it does not work with 3.2.0?
Yes it does
But I still do not understand what I need to do, the first post does not tell me so much. Is it hard to explain?

Why waste time for? Read the first post, yes it works. Say instead, so I not have to ask questions!

Hope I did not make you sad now!

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:34 pm
by Affin
Who can explain in a little more professional way instead of chatting how to do?

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 pm
by GanstaZ
What do you not understand? [board root]/ext/david63/privacypolicy ?

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:59 pm
by johwin61
david63 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:25 pm
johwin61 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:23 pm
Thanks, but isn't that what I already did when I disabled the extension PRIVACY_POLICY , deleted the extension’s data and deleted the extension’s files from the filesystem? Perhaps I don't understand what you say.
In theory yes, but for some reason it did not remove everything so you now need to go into the ACP and remove that module via System > Module management
Thanks David!

I tried to remove that after your tip, which didn't help. Then I investigated a bit more and got it working again.

I found that there were also some db-entries in the mysql-tables that had to be manually removed. After deleting all entries with module_basename beginning with \david63\privacypolicy in the table phpbb3_modules I was finally able to reinstall PrivacyPolicy again.

All is good again!

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:13 pm
by Affin
GanstaZ wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 pm
What do you not understand? [board root]/ext/david63/privacypolicy ?
You do not understand that it will not appear on ACP

viewtopic.php?p=15118366#p15118366

I'm not the only one who has problems with some things.

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:19 pm
by Restless Rancor
Affin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:13 pm
GanstaZ wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 pm
What do you not understand? [board root]/ext/david63/privacypolicy ?
You do not understand that it will not appear on ACP

viewtopic.php?p=15118366#p15118366

I'm not the only one who has problems with some things.
Hi, the reason it might not appear in the ACP could be that it isn't in the right folders.
Is the extension in your forum/ext/david63/privacypolicy?

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:20 pm
by GanstaZ
The link you pointed out is showing you a hint how it should be and you still talk about understanding. It's a simple folder structure:
  • root of your phpbb => phpbb/forum/whatever someone is using
  • ext folder => ext folder in root directory
  • vendor name => david63 folder in ext directory
  • extension data => extension data (all the files and folders) folder in vendor directory

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:21 pm
by Affin
Restless Rancor wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:19 pm
Affin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:13 pm
GanstaZ wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:40 pm
What do you not understand? [board root]/ext/david63/privacypolicy ?
You do not understand that it will not appear on ACP

viewtopic.php?p=15118366#p15118366

I'm not the only one who has problems with some things.
Hi, the reason it might not appear in the ACP could be that it isn't in the right folders.
Is the extension in your forum/ext/david63/privacypolicy?
Yes, I have the number of extensions, not the first time I'm trying to upload an extension

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:25 pm
by Restless Rancor
Affin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:21 pm
Yes, I have the number of extensions, not the first time I'm trying to upload an extension
Now that's known we can cross it off the list of possible causes ;)

Is your board version phpBB 3.2.2 or greater?

Edit: I see you asked about 3.2.0 and the ext author did say it works. Sorry about that. I'm sure they'll be back soon to help you further.

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:30 pm
by Affin
Thanks for a good response, the problem with the moderators is that they are like little children, they get so mad when you say the truth. Instead of helping as a human being, they prefer chatting.

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:33 pm
by Affin
Restless Rancor wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:25 pm
Affin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:21 pm
Yes, I have the number of extensions, not the first time I'm trying to upload an extension
Now that's known we can cross it off the list of possible causes ;)

Is your board version phpBB 3.2.2 or greater?

Edit: I see you asked about 3.2.0 and the ext author did say it works. Sorry about that. I'm sure they'll be back soon to help you further.
I looked at your side, how did you fix it?

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:36 pm
by Restless Rancor
Affin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:30 pm
Thanks for a good response, the problem with the moderators is that they are like little children, they get so mad when you say the truth. Instead of helping as a human being, they prefer chatting.
that's not going to encourage them to try and help you. You didn't explicitly tell them it wasn't working for you after they suggested you check your file structure...
Affin wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:33 pm

I looked at your side, how did you fix it?
I haven't encountered this problem: I've just installed 3.2.0 to a local host and ext version 2.1.0-rc6 shows up in the extensions list for me.