[3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
tojag
Name: Gregory

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by tojag » Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:05 am

This is not about private or public data. The definition of personal data is strictly defined in GDPR. It's about data that can identify you as a specific natural person. These can be direct data (name, surname, ID, address details, etc.) or indirect data (eg a description of the person, description of its features, behaviors, etc.).
You should read GDPR and then we can talk.

So if someone gives a phone number, it will be a personal data, regardless of whether it is written in public or PM. If someone will describe that the flowers are colorful, it will not be a personal data even if you write privately in PM (private data) or public in post.

Froddelaar that's right! Not many people understand it.
What we can do to prevent loose posts it's another topic.
Please do not mess with David's topic. I wrote about the GDPR in another thread and invite you there.
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=2419821

If David adds the feature to download and the ability to delete a user account or complete anonymization, it will be fine. But maybe it's too much for one man. There is another extension for deleting users from UCP by themself.
I agree that it destroy the flow of topics, but notice that FB or Instagram user can deletes whole thread which he started including comments of other users.

fagbutlil

Post by fagbutlil » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:11 am

I get a 500 error when i try to enable it phpbb 3.2.2 php 7.2.3 :(

david63
Jr. Extension Validator
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:47 am

fagbutlil wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:11 am
I get a 500 error when i try to enable it phpbb 3.2.2 php 7.2.3 :(
And what is in the server error log?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

thecaretaker1

Post by thecaretaker1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 am

Major issue tonight. Installed this extension and had setting to not show the pop-up and to prevent clicking on any links. This included the admin control centre. Completely locked myself out of my own forum. Had to restore a previous backup to get access.

Should the administrator not be exempt from accepting the policy? At least I may have been able to get into the admin centre and change the settings.

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 am

thecaretaker1 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 am
Should the administrator not be exempt from accepting the policy?
No, because the Admin is also a user and as such is required to accept the policy. If you had accepted the policy then you would have been able to login.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

thecaretaker1

Post by thecaretaker1 » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:59 am

david63 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:30 am
thecaretaker1 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 12:03 am
Should the administrator not be exempt from accepting the policy?
No, because the Admin is also a user and as such is required to accept the policy. If you had accepted the policy then you would have been able to login.
OK, fair statement. Then maybe the option to disable the 'accept' pop-up and/or to disable 'all forum links' should be greyed out in the Administration Control Panel until the admin has accepted the policy to prevent admins from locking themselves out? Or could you make the Administration Control Panel the only available working link?

mdkdio

Post by mdkdio » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Thanks david63!

Just installed and enabled. Will report back (if) any issues..

/mdkdio

</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:18 pm

Any news about the external links still opening even when not accepted the terms?
Wij promoten UW muziek in ons forum & delen alles via Sociale media!
Muziek wordt ook toegevoegd in de playlist van
textradio.be!
Mail uw single + hoesje + info naar: info@muziekpromo.net of Solidjeuh@textradio.be
===============
Onze Website: https://www.muziekpromo.net

Allstar86

Post by Allstar86 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:12 pm

I need help, have activated everything but I only see a blank page.
Why is that?

Tarantino

Post by Tarantino » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:17 am

Posts are not Private Data... My users can ask me to delete, I'll never do it. That would ruin the conversation sequence of the topic and the forum itself.
Basically past posts are history... we can't erase history. ;)

XCatwomanX

Post by XCatwomanX » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:34 am

This is great! Thank you, david63,so much for developing this extension. It addresses a majority of the GDPR requirements. The only thing I can see that is missing is the ability to opt out of cookie tracking while viewing the site. Is this something that will be implemented in the future?

andrewilley

Post by andrewilley » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:02 am

Tarantino wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:17 am
Basically past posts are history... we can't erase history. ;)
That doesn't seem to be the opinion of the EU, and their absurd "right to be forgotten" which is actually expanded and reinforced by the GDPR. It all seems very Orwellian "Ministry of Truth" to me though; if something is true and honest then individuals should not have the right to expunge it from history just because it doesn't suit them or they feel it is now irrelevant.

Andre
--- Admin of www.portorleans.org

david63
Jr. Extension Validator

Post by david63 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:22 am

EU can have whatever views that they want but nobody can make laws retrospective - therefore anything posted prior to these regulations does not have to be removed.
David

andrewilley

Post by andrewilley » Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:42 am

david63 wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:22 am
EU can have whatever views that they want but nobody can make laws retrospective - therefore anything posted prior to these regulations does not have to be removed.
Unfortunately, that's not the case. For example under the EU existing law, which has been around for a few years now, the UK High Court recently banned Google from returning any search results about a crime committed (and tried in a British court case) dating back over 10 years, on the basis that the lawfully convicted person said it was now influencing his current standing. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-43752344 . That's why I think this legislation is Orwellian, it is trying to rewrite inconvenient history. :(

Andre
--- Admin of www.portorleans.org

Satusnovus

Post by Satusnovus » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:03 pm

I will never delete posts if someone wants to leave the forum but the only thing I can be forced to is deleting the corresponding IP address. But in the passed I've got several letters from lawyers to hand over an IP address beacuse a poster posted prior knowledge or company-sensitive information... however I never handed over because they need a court order to force me. But what if a poster wants to delete the IP addresses and I can't handover any IP address :?

Does anyone translated the language file and is it easy to do? I have a cookie and privacy page but it needs to be updated to meet the GDPR regulations.

Return to “Extensions in Development”