[3.2][3.3][RC] Privacy Policy

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
hurghanico

Re: [3.2][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by hurghanico »

hurghanico wrote:
Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:37 pm
Hi, I don't know if the reason for the following problem is due to the reinstallation done today on my board using the complete 3.2.8 package (but I guess so) .. my board: https://allabouthd500x.altervista.org

During the above update process I did the error to erase the ext folder, but then I recopied all the extensions which I had before back into it.

Currently everything seems to work well except the "re-check all versions" of the extensions function which, like before the reinstallation, still does not work as it should and as it did before updating to 3.2.8, but the fact that worries me most, ie that now if I try to change the settings of the Privacy Policy extension I get the following:

""Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpbb\exception\version_check_exception' with message 'VERSIONCHECK_FAIL' in /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/version_helper.php:406 Stack trace: #0 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/version_helper.php(354): phpbb\version_helper->get_versions(false, false) #1 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/version_helper.php(273): phpbb\version_helper->get_versions_matching_stability(false, false) #2 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/extension/manager.php(598): phpbb\version_helper->get_ext_update_on_branch(false, false) #3 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/ext/david63/privacypolicy/core/functions.php(71): phpbb\extension\manager->version_check(Object(phpbb\extension\metadata_manager)) #4 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/ext/david63/privacypolicy/controller/acp_manage_controller.php(161): david63\privacypolicy\core\functions->version_check() #5 /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/ext/david63/privacypolicy/acp/privacypolicy_module.php(27): david63\priva in /membri/allabouthd500x/allabouthd500x/phpbb/version_helper.php on line 406""

I also tried to restore the backup of all phpBB tables but the problem remained.
I tried also to disable the PP extension, clear its data, and enable it again, but to no avail.

Cloudflare caching is and was disabled (developer mode).

What can I do to solve this issue?
any help someone?
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

I had a different problem with this extension of Davids and after much frustration it turned out that it was triggering hosts over zealous mod security.

I have no idea if this is the cause of your problem, but it has to be worth checking out with your hosting company.
david63

Post by david63 »

@ hurghanico

If that error is permanent and in view of your other topic regarding checking extension versions I would suggest that there is a problem with your host and/or server configuration.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

HiFiKabin wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:51 pm
I had a different problem with this extension of Davids and after much frustration it turned out that it was triggering hosts over zealous mod security.

I have no idea if this is the cause of your problem, but it has to be worth checking out with your hosting company.
Interesting.. I will try to investigate that..

However, I'm quite inclined to believe that the extension leaves some traces (don't know where) in the board or in the database.
I uninstalled it, I cleared its data, I re-updated my board with the full package, I purged everything I could purge, cleared the caches..
I don't know what else to do, if I re-install the Privacy Policy extension, trying to do its settings gives the fatal error described previously.

No policies link appears on the board, but if I restore an old backup they appear again, but the extension settings still fail
hurghanico

Post by hurghanico »

david63 wrote:
Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:16 pm
@ hurghanico

If that error is permanent and in view of your other topic regarding checking extension versions I would suggest that there is a problem with your host and/or server configuration.
Ok, I will check that.
O Bloggueiro

Post by O Bloggueiro »

Interesting, something I'm looking for in my forum.

I will test to see how it works in the forum.

It's just a pity there is no Portuguese translation.
Comment, Participate!
Sorry for my English, I'm Portuguese and I use Google Translate.
DerGolgo

Post by DerGolgo »

First of all, thanks for a great plugin, Dave!

FURTHER EDIT: I have found a way to modify the stock cookie consent function to my liking, so this support request no longer applies.

I'm having a slight problem with the "Policies" page, or rather, the link thereto.
The link appears to the right of my navbar_header, at the top of the page.

I'd rather it appear where the policy accept message suggests it should, at the bottom of the page. I'd be entirely fine with turning off the policies page entirely and making a new one with the pages plugin. The only only way to turn it off that I've found involves turning off the policy accept message entirely. Which, for me, would defeat the purpose.

I have scoured template after template to find where the link to the policies page may be hiding, to no avail.

Anyone could you give me a pointer how to turn that link off, without disabling the policy accept message? Or how to force it from the navbar_header to one of the footers?

EDIT: found that in Prosilver, the "Policies" link appears where it should. But I'm really kinda married to the other style, where it appears at the top instead.
And hint where I could disable the Policies link, without disabling the cookie-accept message, would be smashing.
Last edited by DerGolgo on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lisapetrison

Post by lisapetrison »

Hi,

I asked my software person to install this extension.

It seems to work okay, except on the phone version, it is too wide and only part of the text is readable.

You can take a look at it here:

www.moldavoiders.com/forum/

Would you please let me know how to fix that?

Thanks!

Lisa
david63

Post by david63 »

lisapetrison wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:38 am
Do you have the problem with the default prosilver style?
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
DerGolgo

Post by DerGolgo »

david63 wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:59 am
lisapetrison wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:38 am
Do you have the problem with the default prosilver style?
I just found that I have the same problem. Both in prosilver and the other style I have installed.
This is running on XAMPP, for testing purposes, hence checking with my phone isn't an option right now. My test, which has always served well enough to make my users on mobile devices happy, is to change the width of my browser window. The cookie accept message will initially get narrower. But when I keep reducing the width, and the style (either prosilver or the other one) keeps adapting to the reduced width available, the cookie box does not.

To rule out the text as a cause, I went into privacypolicy.php and deleted all the text, so that only the "I Accept" link remains. As I reduce browser window width, this will remain centred, until it doesn't. Narrowing further, the board style keeps adapting, but the "I Accept" links shifts to right of centre.
I just measured using greenshot, and the cookie message box seems to stop adapting to reducing width when this goes below 940px.

I, too, would greatly appreciate help with this (as I would regarding my own, earlier support request).

While I was using greenshot, here are some screenshots.
This one is wide enough to see the right corners of the cookie box. ~1,800 px wide. The right hand corners start disappearing at ~1,770px, but the "I Accept" link remains centreed, still.
More than wide enough.
More than wide enough.
Here, I've narrowed the browser window enough for the right hand corners to disappear (but "I accept" still centred):
Almost wide enough
Almost wide enough
This last one shows what happens with the browser window width <940px. Outside of the frame here is everything else that should be there. Prosilver keeps rearranging itself all the way down to ~440px width, and only then do bits start disappearing.
Not wide enough
Not wide enough
Just in case this may be relevant: I have no header image in prosilver here, only the phpBB logo, and the site-description text. This logo, and the site description, disappear when width drops <1029px.

EDIT:
Regarding the earlier support request I mentioned.
I found that in Prosilver, the "Policies" link appears where it should. But I'm really kinda married to the other style, where it appears at the top instead.
And hint where I could disable the Policies link, without disabling the cookie-accept message, would be smashing.

FURTHER EDIT: I have found a way to modify the stock cookie consent function to my liking, so this support request no longer applies.
Last edited by DerGolgo on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
lisapetrison

Post by lisapetrison »

I haven't tried it in ProSilver, but it seems that someone else is having issues with that too.

I turned off the extension on my forum since users were not able to use the forum at all with it on.
einfach

Post by einfach »

Dear David,

Is it necessary to have a hover box on my index page informing the users that the website uses cookies and that they must accept it... since it's just text with no action button... any way of removing that hover box?
Maroon Caludin
Name: Megan

Post by Maroon Caludin »

I'm suddenly not able to accept the cookie dialog box. Just does nothing.

Also got this error while checking the privacy data:

Code: Select all

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Table 'forum.pl' doesn't exist [1146]

SQL

SELECT pf.field_name, pl.lang_name FROM phpbb_profile_fields pf, pl, phpbb_lang l WHERE pf.field_id = pl.field_id AND pf.field_privacy_show = 1 AND pl.lang_id = l.lang_id AND pf.field_active = 1 AND l.lang_iso = 'en' ORDER BY pf.field_id ASC

BACKTRACE

FILE: (not given by php)
LINE: (not given by php)
CALL: msg_handler()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/driver.php
LINE: 1023
CALL: trigger_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/mysqli.php
LINE: 195
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\driver->sql_error()

FILE: [ROOT]/phpbb/db/driver/factory.php
LINE: 345
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\mysqli->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/david63/privacypolicy/core/privacypolicy.php
LINE: 432
CALL: phpbb\db\driver\factory->sql_query()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/david63/privacypolicy/core/privacypolicy.php
LINE: 130
CALL: david63\privacypolicy\core\privacypolicy->get_cpf_fields()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/david63/privacypolicy/controller/acp_data_controller.php
LINE: 372
CALL: david63\privacypolicy\core\privacypolicy->display_privacy_data()

FILE: [ROOT]/ext/david63/privacypolicy/acp/acp_privacydata_module.php
LINE: 32
CALL: david63\privacypolicy\controller\acp_data_controller->display_data()

FILE: [ROOT]/includes/functions_module.php
LINE: 676
CALL: david63\privacypolicy\acp\acp_privacydata_module->main()

FILE: [ROOT]/adm/index.php
LINE: 81
CALL: p_master->load_active()
Dook, dook, dook!

"Don't wait for events to catch up with you; go out and meet them head-on!" - Morgan - "The Scions of Shannara" -
bisus

Post by bisus »

sorry guys is this now compatible with version 3.3.0 ? thanks
HiFiKabin
Community Team Member
Community Team Member
Name: James

Post by HiFiKabin »

bisus wrote:
Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:37 pm