[3.2][3.3][RC] Privacy Policy

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
david63

Re: [3.2][3.3][RC] Privacy Policy

Post by david63 »

I will not be adding any iframes to anything as phpBB does not work well withy iframes
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored
L&R

Post by L&R »

Hi David,

This is a must have extension within EU and so far I don't know it has an analogue. It is a little pity that there won't be any further development of it in this regard. I just wanted to ask if there is any easy way to add a Decline button along with Accept for cookies box. We were advised that ideally cookie box has to be with 2 options, second either Decline or Cookie settings.

Thank you!
david63

Post by david63 »

L&R wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:17 pm
so far I don't know it has an analogue
Can you explain what you mean by that as I don't understand (possibly getting lost in translation)
L&R wrote:
Sun May 03, 2020 1:17 pm
I just wanted to ask if there is any easy way to add a Decline button along with Accept for cookies box.
Seems a bit pointless because if you "Decline" what are you going to do? As far as I am concerned if you do not want to accept cookies then you do not use the site.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
L&R

Post by L&R »

Sorry I meant this extension is crucial and only one to solve GDPR things. I don't know about the logic but lawyers said so you need second option decline or cookies settings.

Best regards,
V
pierredu

Post by pierredu »

You mean that the user must explicitly choose between accept and leave?
Which national law says that?
apollodriver

Post by apollodriver »

hi there David

update : this is funny and curious - at the moment i have really difficulties in logging me into the page...
in other words: after setting the cookie-settings to on - and after setting the privacy to on - i have the annoying errors that is shown and described below in the picture - - and yes - i do not see the login form where i can log me into thepage

full story: full story: full story: full story: full story: full story:

well David: i got the annoying error with the privacypolicy - and i guess that the issue would / could have been rootet in the fact that i did not

i have not enabled the Enable the Cookie policy:

for more reporting and description of the issue - see above:
the user sometimes while login gets a blank page & www.mysite.net/privacypolicy

see the image:

]https://imgur.com/a/D0DUZYj[

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/D0DUZYj"><a href="//imgur.com/a/D0DUZYj"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

see above:

is this thinkable!?
Enable the Cookie policy:
Enable/disable all user’s requirement to accept the use of cookies, under EU Cookie directive (2012), on this board.
for some /(test-) reasons i have disabled these option some days - and i guess that this may have triggered the issue.

do you think so?

Above all - i now have enabled all and now i will have a closer look at all - and will come back and report the findings

updatE: after doing so i have the following errror: the page shows som annoying error -

it shows a text like this:
Thisboardusescookiestogiveyouthebestandmostrelevantexperience.Inordertousethisboarditmeansthatyouneedacceptthispolicy.brYoucanfindoutmoreaboutthecookiesusedonthisboardbyclickingthePolicieslinkatthebottomofthepage.b
look at the page: https://www.wp-forum.net/privacypolicy or https://www.wp-forum.net/

i will try to add a image with the error here:
phpBB_install.png
indeed: i never ever have encountered such an error. well this is allmost crazy.. isn t it.

we use php 7.2xy

do you have any idea ?
have a great day
for Wordpress-development - i use the Toolset: http://wpgear.org/
apollodriver

Post by apollodriver »

hi David63 - hi at all

well i have finally managed to swith off the plugin thanks to some cool methods
viewtopic.php?f=556&t=2552381&p=15503156#p15503156

but i do not want to give it up - i think that i have the same board like hundreds and thousands of other user here - and i run php version 7.2.4 like miillions and millions of other user in the world

so i muse about coming back to the privacy-plugin - i want to get to know what went wrong !?

i guess that it has to do with the Cookie - settings to on ##

the question at the moment is: how to debug all that things - how to proceed now and what are the next steps to get back the plugin in the ACP admin seciton?

love to hear from you +

regards :D
david63

Post by david63 »

apollodriver wrote:
Thu May 14, 2020 2:24 pm
well i have finally managed to swith off the plugin thanks to some cool methods
First of all disabling this extension by that method is incorrect and will leave you with problems later on - guaranteed.

Second - the last image I saw of your site had problems with something that I have no idea of. The Cookie Acceptance box was not being rendered.

So far I do not recall seeing a link to your board which would be a help.
David
apollodriver

Post by apollodriver »

dear David63 - good day - your reply is the best thing that happened this week to me.

i have had hard times this week - i muse all day long how to get more insights bout the phpBB and the behavior - it is hard to see the board being not reachable and accessible: this is pretty hard to cope with.
And that said - I have installed your plugin 5 or 6 weeks ago - and i have had good times with it. I guess that all began with the application of all the features -/eg the cookie-related features of your great plugin - i guess that this switch on of the visible and active cookie -related features was triggering the desasater

but to beginn with the beginning: see here the full story: here the full story

well first of all: i am glad that you were replying. I hope that we re able to get

- more insights of what went wrong here and furthermore
- see if we re able to differentiate things - eg. to switch on the plugin with its plenty ( a whole bunch) of features stepwise. With this method i guess we re able to get more insights into the process and into the behaviour - and i hope that we will see what went wrong on the pathway.

i suppose that the cookies have something to d o with the behavior - Note: i guess that all the plugin features were functioning - until i switched the cookie-Features to be active

At least we can gain more insights - and have more knoweldge about all the options.

See the page: https://www.wp-forum.net/

i have to fix this issue - i have to.

this issue drives me nuts :D - and now i look forward to hear from you - which steps to take first to get the plugin up and running again

regards
your Apollodriver ;)

some musings[b] about a experiment: [/b]what would happen if i log in the board and afterwards i switch the plugin on again - what dear David63 would happen then.

i guess that if i

- firstley go to the ACP and stay there - then
- switch the privacy_plugin to on _ then i would surely be able to see the backend - and probably i could
- switch off the according cookie settings which i suspect to be the evil thing

[*]what do you think about this idea
apollodriver

Post by apollodriver »

hello dear David63 :)

update - update:
according to the above described plan all works fine. i finally managed to get back the setup of the privacy-plugin with the methods i described above,,,, i ecactly followed this way-:

- firstley go to the ACP and stay there - then
- switch the privacy_plugin to on _ then i would surely be able to see the backend - and probably i could
- switch off the according cookie settings which i suspect to be the evil thing

see the images as it is running now - :)
well at this moment & at this stage i have to muse how to go ahead.

any ideas - and thoughts to share.

love to hear from you
regards apoollodriver :D :)

full story: full coverage - full story.

as i think your privacy_policy_extension is by far the most important phpBB extension for me i am willing to work hard to bring it back to live.
so at the moment i tried to apply the above mentioned ideas.

i looged in as admin and went to the acp -area
then i swithed the plugin to on - and got the following "default" overfiew
policy__david_default_1.png
what would you do now!? What settings should i choose now!?

again - i am wiling to work very very hard to bring back your plugin to live on my sites

at the moment i am musing about the very next steps i should go.

update_

note i have done exaclty what i have described above - and see what happened

the test - see here the test:

i disabled the both two options - see also the new image i have attached

Enable the Cookie policy: Enable/disable all user’s requirement to accept the use of cookies, under EU Cookie directive (2012), on this board.
Yes No

Show privacy/cookie policy:
Setting this to yes will display the nav bar link to the privacy/cookie policy when the Cookie Policy is disabled, i.e. you can have a privacy/cookie policy without the need to have the acceptance box.
Yes No

see the image - how i did the settings finally...

look forward to hear rrom you

your apollodrviver

ps - dear David - dear all, well i think that i nee a little break
have a great day
Attachments
policy_david_default_2.png
apollodriver

Post by apollodriver »

hello dear all ,

seems that all the guys here that run this plugin are happy and satisfied with it. I am the only one that runs into issues.

well i try to debug the stuff .-...

very interesting - 715 replies - and 72 k views - and all the folks out there are running well - only on my little page bugs over bugs and issues.
i am currently tryin to solve those ans squash these things

hopefully i succeed - i will come back and report :D
andyphp82

Post by andyphp82 »

I'm experiencing a strange issue with the latest version of this extension. I recently updated my phpBB to 3.3.0 and also installed the privacy policy for phpBB 3.3.0.

Now the strange issue is this: I have set "Block all links" to "NO" but still the user can't register or log in until he has approved the cookie banner. The "Login" and "Register" links are only shown once the user has accepted the cookie banner. Is there any way to always show the "Login" and "Register" links?

Thanks!
david63

Post by david63 »

andyphp82 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:56 pm
Now the strange issue is this: I have set "Block all links" to "NO" but still the user can't register or log in until he has approved the cookie banner. The "Login" and "Register" links are only shown once the user has accepted the cookie banner. Is there any way to always show the "Login" and "Register" links?
Nothing strange about it - that is the intended behaviour. If allowing Log in/Register without accepting the Cookie Policy then it would be in breach of GDPR
David
andyphp82

Post by andyphp82 »

david63 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:03 pm
Nothing strange about it - that is the intended behaviour. If allowing Log in/Register without accepting the Cookie Policy then it would be in breach of GDPR
Is there any way to disable it?

Background: Some of my forum users on very old browsers have complained that their browser can't handle the cookie pop up correctly and now they aren't able to log in any more because the login links are invisible all the time because they can't approve the cookie pop up because their browser doesn't show it.
david63

Post by david63 »

andyphp82 wrote:
Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:09 pm
Is there any way to disable it?
Only by disabling the extension as it otherwise defeats the whole purpose of having the extension.

I would be advising your users to update their browser as if they are that old they will be having problems all over the place.
David

Return to “Extensions in Development”