[CDB] Modern quote - multiquote and quote highlighted text

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
thewallfacers

Re: [3.2][ALPHA] Modern quote - multiquote and quote highlighted text

Post by thewallfacers »

remoss wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:15 pm
Ger wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:01 pmIs it? Haven't noticed that. Is that with de quick reply enabled, or with the full editor?
On both:No only on quick reply
Ger wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:01 pm It simply follows the quoting enabled/disabled from the template.

I assume you use this version? Seems unvalidated and after taking a quick glance at the code it doesn't surprise me.

That extension doesn't force anything, just hassles the template a bit. Since I'm adding code to the same event in my extension those might conflict.
Yep, that's the one. Well it's not really a conflict, i just have to find another way to disable quoting of the last post.
How do you add the RED ARROW in your pics? Did you do in on the image before uploading? Or is that something you can do via phpbb?
remoss
Name: René

Re: [3.2][ALPHA] Modern quote - multiquote and quote highlighted text

Post by remoss »

Before uploading, with a program named Picpick:
https://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_ ... k-portable
Ger

Re: [3.2][BETA] Modern quote - multiquote and quote highlighted text

Post by Ger »

I've beautified some stuff, added some language string and patched some presentation issues.

I think we can call this a BETA now :)
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

This is a very useful extension.

Thanks!

I wrote on github ... :-)
Ger

Post by Ger »

jan_2017 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 am I wrote on github ... :-)
Please write here instead. Makes everything more centralised and easier for me. :)

I'll quote you here :)
jan_2017 wrote:German translation
Thanks. Because of the current stage of development I won't be packing any translations though, things might change quite a bit and I think it's better to have no translation than to have incomplete or -worse- incorrect translations.
jan_2017 wrote:Hello.Is it possible to select the text in several places that you want to quote?
For example: in a long post i want to quote only three sentences. i select these three sentences and then i click on the window "Reply with selected quotes" Do you know what i mean? Bye Jan
You can highlight a sentence and than hold the Ctrl button and highlight a second, third, etc. sentence. That's just how your OS works; independent of this extension or even phpBB or your browser.

Doesn't work on phones AFAIK but there is nothing I can do about it.
jan_2017 wrote:Hello.If a post is created, then the button for multiple quote selection already displayed. This should only appear if you have at least two posts in the topic. Thats my idea. Bye Jan
Makes sense. :)
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.

jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

Ger wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 am
jan_2017 wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:28 am I wrote on github ... :-)
Please write here instead. Makes everything more centralised and easier for me. :)
That´s ok ;-)
Ger wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 amI'll quote you here :)
jan_2017 wrote:German translation
Thanks. Because of the current stage of development I won't be packing any translations though, things might change quite a bit and I think it's better to have no translation than to have incomplete or -worse- incorrect translations.
No problem :geek:
jan_2017 wrote:Hello.Is it possible to select the text in several places that you want to quote?
For example: in a long post i want to quote only three sentences. i select these three sentences and then i click on the window "Reply with selected quotes" Do you know what i mean? Bye Jan
You can highlight a sentence and than hold the Ctrl button and highlight a second, third, etc. sentence. That's just how your OS works; independent of this extension or even phpBB or your browser.

This function with "CTRL" does not work. :?:
jan_2017 wrote:Hello.If a post is created, then the button for multiple quote selection already displayed. This should only appear if you have at least two posts in the topic. Thats my idea. Bye Jan
Makes sense. :)
A little improvement ;-)

Bye Jan
Ger

Post by Ger »

jan_2017 wrote: Tue May 01, 2018 11:00 am
Ger wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:07 amYou can highlight a sentence and than hold the Ctrl button and highlight a second, third, etc. sentence. That's just how your OS works; independent of this extension or even phpBB or your browser.

This function with "CTRL" does not work. :?:
It works everywhere for me. Not only in a browser, but also for multiselects in Word, emails, etc. On a Mac it's CMD IIRC. Like almost everything they've moved CTRL-binded functions to the CMD key.

In Windows, Ubuntu, Mint, this works everywhere and is simply an OS function which has nothing to do with phpBB or this extension.
My extensions:

jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

very strange. I know what you mean but it can not understand. Can you take a screenshot?
Ger

Post by Ger »

Hmm. I see I was wrong earlier. The only browser it works in is Firefox. Multiselects Don't work in Chrome unfortunately.
My extensions:

Ger

Re: [3.2][RC] Modern quote - multiquote and quote highlighted text

Post by Ger »

Made a minor improvement as suggested by jan_2017; multiquote button is only shown when it has a purpose (e.g. when there are multiple posts on a page).

Upped the state to RC since I think this is pretty much ready now.
My extensions:

jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

Ger wrote: Thu May 03, 2018 6:21 am Hmm. I see I was wrong earlier. The only browser it works in is Firefox. Multiselects Don't work in Chrome unfortunately.
i have tested in mozilla successfully, but if i quote in post "a" for example text "xy" and in post "b" text "yz" then it won't display.

If i quote the post completely it works great. If i quote only a text passage in some posts it doesn't work in mozilla.

Bye Jan
Ger

Post by Ger »

jan_2017 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 9:45 am i have tested in mozilla successfully, but if i quote in post "a" for example text "xy" and in post "b" text "yz" then it won't display.

If i quote the post completely it works great. If i quote only a text passage in some posts it doesn't work in mozilla.
I'm not sure what you mean here.

Can you recreate something like in this screenshot?
My extensions:

jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

Hello.

I tested it again in an actual version of firefox. If I mark only in one post different text passages with CTRL and then click on quote all marked places are shown in textbox. Unfortunately, ä,ü,ö are not copied. Question marks are displayed instead. Furthermore, all quoted text passages are displayed one after the other without a paragraph If I select text passages from three different posts in one topic then these are also displayed but not with the original author.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Bye Jan
Ger

Post by Ger »

- Edit - nvm my earlier question here.
jan_2017 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:30 pm Unfortunately, ä,ü,ö are not copied. Question marks are displayed instead.
This is now fixed.
jan_2017 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:30 pm Furthermore, all quoted text passages are displayed one after the other without a paragraph If I select text passages from three different posts in one topic then these are also displayed but not with the original author.
That's correct. If you want to quote from multiple posts, you should use the multiquote option.
Last edited by Ger on Thu May 24, 2018 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My extensions:

jan_2017

Post by jan_2017 »

Ger wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:45 pm Is that with quick reply enabled or without?
I test it without quick reply editor. This function is disabled in my forum.I only use the fulleditor.

Bye Jan

Return to “Extensions in Development”