[CDB] Modern quote - multiquote and quote highlighted text

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
I've Been Banned!

Re: [3.2][RC] Modern quote - multiquote and quote highlighted text

Post by 2600 »

Ghostwolf308 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:52 pm I am having problems installing this extension. I have downloaded the zip file and extracted all files. However it seems no matter where I place it in my ext, folder it will not show up in ACP. Any suggestions?
In the extension folder open the composer.json file with Notepad ++. Under "Name": it will say what path and folder names you need to create and where the ext is placed under. This is true for any extension.

In this case it's "name": "ger/modernquote

So you should have a folder in the ext folder called ger, and in this folder you'll have another folder called modernquote. Inside modernquote you'll place the extension files.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:
Ger

Post by Ger »

Nothing to add to that :)
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.
Newest: FAQ manager for 3.2

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:

-Don't PM me for support-
Ghostwolf308

Post by Ghostwolf308 »

John connor wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 2:42 am
Ghostwolf308 wrote: Sun Jun 17, 2018 4:52 pm I am having problems installing this extension. I have downloaded the zip file and extracted all files. However it seems no matter where I place it in my ext, folder it will not show up in ACP. Any suggestions?
In the extension folder open the composer.json file with Notepad ++. Under "Name": it will say what path and folder names you need to create and where the ext is placed under. This is true for any extension.

In this case it's "name": "ger/modernquote

So you should have a folder in the ext folder called ger, and in this folder you'll have another folder called modernquote. Inside modernquote you'll place the extension files.
Thanks I'll give that a try. Since it didn't unzip into a ger folder that maybe my problem. "Edit" that fixed it. had to create the ger folder and change modernquote_master it it showed up. thanks again
Ger

Post by Ger »

jackennils wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:44 pmAny chance the multiquote buttons will work over multiple pages of a topic?
Take a look at Github :)

Just pushed a new version that stores multiquotes in a cookie, allowing you to refresh your page or go to other pages (or topics even) for at most 24 hours.
My extensions:
Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update, Modern Quote, Quoted Where (GDPR) and Autoresponder.

jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Just tested it and it works just fine. Excellent job! :)
jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Okay, I got a problem using it with my style. I did amend the JS file as before, since my style uses differenz class and ID names. But still, the selective quote is not working anymore. I just get this:
Information
PAGE_NOT_FOUND
Any chance that changes made to the JS file are breaking functionality for non standard styles?

Edit:

Forget this.
Selective quote is not working.
Ger

Post by Ger »

Hmmm. It does work for me on prosilver, both with and without quick reply enabled.

Have you tried it on prosilver yet?
My extensions:

jackennils

Post by jackennils »

It does work on prosilver. No problems at all.

But I'm using a custom style and for the previous version 0.0.7 I had to change some class and ID names in the JS file to match my style. But even after trying this, the selective quote of the new version 0.0.8 does not work.
Ger

Post by Ger »

What style would that be? Can you point me to a download page?
My extensions:

jackennils

Post by jackennils »

It's a premium style, so there's no chance to download it. You can see it live here: https://mydivision.net/forum/. But the forum still runs 0.0.7.
Ger

Post by Ger »

Seems like you didn't properly update
./ext/ger/modernquote/styles/STYLENAME/template/event/viewtopic_body_postrow_post_details_after.html

I read the quote url from there to ensure compatibility with non-prosilver based styles but it requires a proper update. ;)
My extensions:

jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Well the file is there and it did not have any changes since 0.0.7.
Ger

Post by Ger »

When I look at the source of: https://mydivision.net/forum/ext/ger/mo ... after.html

I see:

Code: Select all

<span class="hide postdetails" data-posttime="{{ postrow.POST_TIME }}" data-poster-id="{{ postrow.POSTER_ID }}" data-poster-name="{{ postrow.POST_AUTHOR }}"></span>
Whilst on GIthub: https://github.com/GerB/modernquote/blo ... after.html

Code: Select all

<span class="hide postdetails" data-quote-url="{postrow.U_QUOTE}" data-posttime="{postrow.POST_TIME}" data-poster-id="{postrow.POSTER_ID}" data-poster-name="{postrow.POST_AUTHOR}"></span>
Yours is missing the postrow.U_QUOTE
My extensions:

jackennils

Post by jackennils »

Damn! But on Github it says the file was modified 28 days ago, so I did not expect it to have changed for 0.0.8. :(

Thanks for the help!
I've Been Banned!

Post by 2600 »

Ger wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:41 pm
Just pushed a new version that stores multiquotes in a cookie, allowing you to refresh your page or go to other pages (or topics even) for at most 24 hours.

How does this work? I highlighted a quote in one post then went to another topic and highlighted another post, but I can only highlight one post.
Morpheus: Unfortunately, no one can be told what The Matrix is. You'll have to see it for yourself.
Hack me.
Consider a canary token.
The nature of my chosen username
:ugeek:

Return to “Extensions in Development”