[ABD] [DEV] Sidebar Menu

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Sniper_E
Name: Ed Humphrey

Re: [BETA] Sidebar Menu

Post by Sniper_E »

The sidebars look like they are working fine there. The Extensions sidebar menu has been empty at the start.
You have to have event templates placed in the other extension's event/ folder for their links to show in the Extensions sidebar.

On a fresh install you will have none. We may need to have acp an options to hide menus not used. Hide that one by default.
But that sidebar menu can be removed from the header part of this ext if you have none for links there.

For now if you want... In the sidebarmenu/styles/template/event/overall_header_body_before.html remove all of these lines.

Code: Select all

{% INCLUDE 'extensions.html' %}
I'll look into those acp options.
Image . -.. / .... ..- -- .--. .... .-. . -.--
No is NEVER an Option and NEVER is the only Option when it comes to Giving Up!

:!: Sniper_E Styles | phpbbmodders :!:
RomaamoR
Name: Roman

Post by RomaamoR »

For now if you want... In the sidebarmenu/styles/template/event/overall_header_body_before.html remove all of these lines.
In your extension there is no such address. There is no such file.
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

RomaamoR wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:52 pm
In your extension there is no such address. There is no such file.
:roll: sidebarmenu/styles/prosilver/template/event/overall_header_body_before.html

RomaamoR

Post by RomaamoR »

Does not work. I can give access to the test forum via FTP what would you look at.
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Sniper_E wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:31 pm That would be no problem but I am not familiar with that ext. Can you post the codes for the link you have for that?
I can convert that into an event template format for sidebar menu.
JV arcade uses a whole responsive menu. It's free to download: https://jv-arcade.com/index.php?mode=downloads

<!-- IF S_IN_PHPBB_ARCADE and .arcade_menu -->
	<!-- BEGIN arcade_menu -->
	<!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu -->
	<li class="arcade_menu dropdown-container" data-skip-responsive="true">
		<a class="dropdown-trigger" href="#"<!-- IF arcade_menu.TITLE --> title="{arcade_menu.TITLE}"<!-- ENDIF -->>
			<i class="icon {arcade_menu.FA} fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span>{arcade_menu.NAME}</span>
		</a>

<div class="dropdown">
			<div class="pointer"><div class="pointer-inner"></div></div>
			<ul class="dropdown-contents" role="menu">
				<!-- BEGIN submenu -->
				<li>
					<!-- IF arcade_menu.submenu.URL --><a href="{arcade_menu.submenu.URL}"<!-- IF arcade_menu.submenu.TITLE --> title="{arcade_menu.submenu.TITLE}"<!-- ENDIF -->{arcade_menu.submenu.ONCLICK}><!-- ENDIF -->
						<i class="icon {arcade_menu.submenu.FA} fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span><!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu --><b>{arcade_menu.submenu.NAME}</b><!-- ELSE -->{arcade_menu.submenu.NAME}<!-- ENDIF --></span>
					<!-- IF arcade_menu.submenu.URL --></a><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu -->
					<ul>
						<!-- BEGIN subsubmenu -->
						<li>
							<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubmenu.URL --><a href="{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.URL}"<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubmenu.TITLE --> title="{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.TITLE}"<!-- ENDIF -->{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.ONCLICK}><!-- ENDIF -->
								<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubmenu.FA --><i class="icon {arcade_menu.subsubmenu.FA} fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span><!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu.subsubsubmenu --><b>{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.NAME}</b><!-- ELSE -->{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.NAME}<!-- ENDIF --></span><!-- ELSE --><!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu.subsubsubmenu --><b>{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.NAME}</b><!-- ELSE -->{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.NAME}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
							<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubmenu.URL --></a><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu.subsubsubmenu -->
							<ul>
								<!-- BEGIN subsubsubmenu -->
								<li>
									<a href="{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.URL}"<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.TITLE --> title="{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.TITLE}"<!-- ENDIF -->{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.ONCLICK}>
										<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.FA --><i class="icon {arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.FA} fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span>{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.NAME}</span><!-- ELSE -->{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.NAME}<!-- ENDIF -->
									</a>
								</li>
								<!-- END subsubsubmenu -->
							</ul>
							<!-- ENDIF -->
						</li>
						<!-- END subsubmenu -->
					</ul>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
				</li>
				<!-- END submenu -->
			</ul>
		</div>
	</li>
	<!-- ELSE -->
	<li data-last-responsive="true">
		<a href="{arcade_menu.URL}"<!-- IF arcade_menu.TITLE --> title="{arcade_menu.TITLE}"<!-- ENDIF -->{arcade_menu.ONCLICK}>
			<i class="icon {arcade_menu.FA} fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span>{arcade_menu.NAME}</span>
		</a>
	</li>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- END arcade_menu -->
<!-- ENDIF -->
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

Froddelaar wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:08 pm JV arcade uses a whole responsive menu. It's free to download.

Well that responsive part you don't need to worry about with sidebars. Sidebars are good for us 1920px resolution user but they hide after a given width.

I think I can blindly create an event template without installing that extension. But you will have to be the tester. I'll work it up when I get home and give you something to try.
RomaamoR wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:03 pm Does not work. I can give access to the test forum via FTP what would you look at.
Did you clear your server cache after removing those lines? And I say lines because there is more than just one line with {% INCLUDE 'extensions.html' %} in it.

If that does not work for you just create a test account and give me login info so I can see it as a registered user. If we can't get it that way then we can talk about ftp access.

</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Oke great, thank you! Just scream, and I'll test :D
RomaamoR

Post by RomaamoR »

Did you clear your server cache after removing those lines? And I say lines because there is more than just one line with {% INCLUDE 'extensions.html' %} in it.
Yes, in three places.
If that does not work for you just create a test account and give me login info so I can see it as a registered user. If we can't get it that way then we can talk about ftp access.
test
mrgoldy
Former Team Member
Name: Gijs

Post by mrgoldy »

Just a tip for you, https://github.com/Sniper-E/Sidebar-Men ... ma.php#L16
You can only have one return statement there.

And I'm quite interested in how you did this and I'll have to test it out myself, but;

The problem extension writers usually walk into is that you can not use two template events to 'cover' a piece of code, like you're doing. The template events are rendered individually. Like I said, will have to look into it.
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.
</Solidjeuh>

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Installed on test forum: https://www.muziekpromo.net/scripts/phpbbtest/
Dutch translation will follow soon..
Btw, I see dmzx his VIP donation ext is added, but is the free version also added? Can't test right now .
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

posey wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 pm Just a tip for you, https://github.com/Sniper-E/Sidebar-Men ... ma.php#L16
You can only have one return statement there.

The problem extension writers usually walk into is that you can not use two template events to 'cover' a piece of code, like you're doing. The template events are rendered individually. Like I said, will have to look into it.
Well I would probably need to go into extension writers forum and ask. But this section.

public function effectively_installed()
	{
		return $this->db_tools->sql_column_exists($this->table_prefix . 'users', 'user_sidebar_position');
		return $this->db_tools->sql_column_exists($this->table_prefix . 'users', 'user_sidebar_location');
	}
I'm not a coder but I could attempt to turn that into an array like this.

public function effectively_installed()
	{
		return array(
			$this->table_prefix . 'users' => array(
				$this->db_tools->sql_column_exists('user_sidebar_position');
				$this->db_tools->sql_column_exists('user_sidebar_location');
			),
		),
	}
But I'm not sure if that's proper code.

The two events before and after together were so if you had some links to add you could choose to put your important ones on top.
But I'm always open for suggestions.
posey wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:35 pm And I'm quite interested in how you did this and I'll have to test it out myself, but;
Added to first post: This sidebar menu ext is based off of this phpBB Knowledge Base: Prosilver Complete Sidebar Tutorial by Christian 2.0
Last edited by Sniper_E on Sat Apr 21, 2018 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

RomaamoR wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 pm
And I say lines because there is more than just one line with {% INCLUDE 'extensions.html' %} in it.
Yes, in three places.
From the looks of what I see at your test site you tried to comment out those lines using // You must delete those 3 lines completely.

RomaamoR

Post by RomaamoR »

Sniper_E wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:40 am
RomaamoR wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:56 pm
And I say lines because there is more than just one line with {% INCLUDE 'extensions.html' %} in it.
Yes, in three places.
From the looks of what I see at your test site you tried to comment out those lines using // You must delete those 3 lines completely.
Has removed. Did not appear. Cache was cleaning.
Sniper_E

Post by Sniper_E »

Froddelaar wrote: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:44 pm Oke great, thank you! Just scream, and I'll test :D
Test this event template in your JV arcade's event/ folder.

sniper_sidebarmenu_extensions_before.html

<!-- IF S_IN_PHPBB_ARCADE and .arcade_menu -->
	<!-- BEGIN arcade_menu -->
	<!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu -->
	<li class="row bg1 sidebar-link"<!-- IF arcade_menu.TITLE --> title="{arcade_menu.TITLE}"<!-- ENDIF -->>
			<ul class="forabg side-navlinks">
				<!-- BEGIN submenu -->
				<li class="row bg1 side-link">
					<!-- IF arcade_menu.submenu.URL --><a href="{arcade_menu.submenu.URL}"<!-- IF arcade_menu.submenu.TITLE --> title="{arcade_menu.submenu.TITLE}"<!-- ENDIF -->{arcade_menu.submenu.ONCLICK}><!-- ENDIF -->
						<i class="icon {arcade_menu.submenu.FA} fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span><!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu --><b>{arcade_menu.submenu.NAME}</b><!-- ELSE -->{arcade_menu.submenu.NAME}<!-- ENDIF --></span>
					<!-- IF arcade_menu.submenu.URL --></a><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu -->
					<ul>
						<!-- BEGIN subsubmenu -->
						<li>
							<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubmenu.URL --><a href="{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.URL}"<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubmenu.TITLE --> title="{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.TITLE}"<!-- ENDIF -->{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.ONCLICK}><!-- ENDIF -->
								<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubmenu.FA --><i class="icon {arcade_menu.subsubmenu.FA} fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span><!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu.subsubsubmenu --><b>{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.NAME}</b><!-- ELSE -->{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.NAME}<!-- ENDIF --></span><!-- ELSE --><!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu.subsubsubmenu --><b>{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.NAME}</b><!-- ELSE -->{arcade_menu.subsubmenu.NAME}<!-- ENDIF --><!-- ENDIF -->
							<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubmenu.URL --></a><!-- ENDIF -->

<!-- IF .arcade_menu.submenu.subsubmenu.subsubsubmenu -->
							<ul>
								<!-- BEGIN subsubsubmenu -->
								<li>
									<a href="{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.URL}"<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.TITLE --> title="{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.TITLE}"<!-- ENDIF -->{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.ONCLICK}>
										<!-- IF arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.FA --><i class="icon {arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.FA} fa-fw" aria-hidden="true"></i><span>{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.NAME}</span><!-- ELSE -->{arcade_menu.subsubsubmenu.NAME}<!-- ENDIF -->
									</a>
								</li>
								<!-- END subsubsubmenu -->
							</ul>
							<!-- ENDIF -->
						</li>
						<!-- END subsubmenu -->
					</ul>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
				</li>
				<!-- END submenu -->
			</ul>
		</div>
	</li>
	<!-- ENDIF -->
	<!-- END arcade_menu -->
<!-- ENDIF -->

mrgoldy
Former Team Member
Name: Gijs

Post by mrgoldy »

Just remove one of the lines. It has to return a boolean, whether it is installed already are not. If either one is present it is safe to assume both are. So just remove one of the lines ;)
phpBB Studio / Member of the Studio

Contributing: You can do it too! Including testing Pull Requests (PR).
phpBB Development and Testing made easy.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”