[3.2][3.3][BETA] Calendar Events (w/karma) 📆

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: [3.2][BETA] Date Topic Event Calendar

Post by 3Di »

No.
Read please the post of mine above yours.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Hartenheer
Name: Willem Hartman

Post by Hartenheer »

3Di wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 3:06 pm No.
Read please the post of mine above yours.
Thank you for the response.
Then I better keep my old agenda.
Sorry English is not my native language :oops:
regards: Willem

https://bierfijnproevers.nl/bierforum
Canoran

Post by Canoran »

Will this extension be available in Italian too?
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Canoran wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:53 pm Will this extension be available in Italian too?
The extension will be subject to validation with only the British English language as a necessary requirement.
The same goes for the styles, so prosilver.
Once validated there will be as usual a topic devoted to extra languages in the support area.

Although I am Italian as a native speaker I will not take up my time for this, I'm sorry.
This is something everyone could do on their own or ask at their localized area for phpBB support.

:)
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Canoran

Post by Canoran »

Few days ago I said that I would indicate the main functions that should have, for my needs, an extension of phpBB in charge of managing events.

First of all I want to emphasize that as a phpBB user it has always been my favorite forum for two reasons: simplicity and essentiality.
From my point of view, the extensions must have the same characteristics, to facilitate the registration and partecipation of all users, including people who are unfamiliar with the web. Remember, in Italy we have more then 30% of people doesn't use internet, the others 70% are not all champions of the web, but all these 70% are potential users. ;)

From my point of view an extension for the management of events, simple and immediately usable by users, should have the following characteristics:

- be able to view a weekly and monthly calendar with the possibility to scroll from week to week or from month to month, highlighting the days in which events are present; the weekly or monthly format of an agenda or calendar would make it more familiar and immediate;

- a list of events on an annual basis, with the possibility to scroll from year to year;

- these functions may also be available to the guests;

- users should have the possibility to simply report with a click their threads or their posts that represent an event report;

- by default it will be reserved to admin and moderators the right to insert the events linking special threads, but also simply a post, such as reporting/description of events;

- it will be possible to assign the necessary permissions to the management of the events, also to other users who are not admin or moderators;

- certainly useful, the presence of filters that allow a selection of events by type, location, etc.

- just as useful could be the use of tags, but this could be another extension... think about ;)

Obviously these few lines are just the result of some of my thoughts and NOT the result of an accurate analysis. I hope they are useful anyway.

Regads/Ciao
Canoran
Last edited by Canoran on Fri May 25, 2018 10:42 am, edited 4 times in total.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Few days ago I told you already what's the development chart for this:
3Di wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 6:44 am
Canoran wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 pm I'm following with a lot of interest.
Great!
Canoran wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 pm In the next days I will write down a list of my easy needs and I hope this product will meet them easly.
Canoran wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:32 pm P.S.: I would like to see a monthly end weekly calendar with events and, of course, a list of year events.
There is our sponsor first, pls read: viewtopic.php?p=15007636#p15007636

Anyway, you are more than welcome to request extra features in our tracker: https://github.com/phpBB-Studio/DateTop ... ate/issues

Thanks for feedback. :)
Canoran

Post by Canoran »

Hi 3Di, If you think they are useful you can consider my indications, if not you can ignore them.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Releasing v1.4.0-beta (v1.3.0-beta was an internal release)
See first posts for details/instructions/code changes log - and the new screenshots.

That's a big upgrade, a lot of stuffs implemented.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Seems working nice with some little things inside the codes for correctly runing inside prosilver based styles. But it was a pain removing all event locations coming with the install all only one by one and not the complete list at once. This would maybe more easy to have option for remove more as one at the same time.

Here the things I found to show. Some imput fields working nice with correct background color, others still showing white only ignoring the prosilver colored fields complete. Maybe you can place me to the files I need to look at:

Image Image Image
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Miri4ever wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 1:04 pm it was a pain removing all event locations coming with the install all only one by one and not the complete list at once. This would maybe more easy to have option for remove more as one at the same time.
Yeah, forgot to add that bit there.
The extension comes from our private developments and it is for our sponsor mainly, that's why those locations are already there.
I took a note for the next though.

About styling, our policy (especially mine) is to do not provide custom adptations for each and every style - obviously I can't and I don't want to do that. This extension uses prosilver classes therefore a style who inherits from prosilver should work flawlessly, in my tests only 1 out of 5 of those I have tested (validated) required a smalll change or 2 in the CSS.
We are more focused on receive feedback about potential bugs, glitches etc, also for prosilver ofcourse but other styles.
I will leave this duty to the author of your style then.

A little help here, though: :)

This part uses prosilver classes 'dt label', which is not present in our CSS but in prosilver itself.

The Datepicker unfortunately doesn't have "themes" to apply.
In any case there is the datepicker.css file (from the vendor) where its colors are defined.

This part can be modified in our CSS file "dtst-filters.css"

find

Code: Select all

.dtst-input {
	width: auto;
	height: 16px;
}
and change to

.dtst-input {
	width: 125px;
	height: 16px;
	margin-top: 2px;
}
find

.dtst-sorting-submit {
	display: flex;
	flex-flow: row nowrap;
}
and change to

.dtst-sorting-submit {
	display: flex;
	flex-flow: row nowrap;
	width: auto;
}
About the Jquery sliders, available themes are "theme-blue", "theme-green". Here's the lines to change:

https://github.com/phpBB-Studio/DateTop ... ers.js#L75
https://github.com/phpBB-Studio/DateTop ... ers.js#L91

I think that should do, not tested.

Thanks for feedback.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

For this is an easy fix a lot of people don't know. It's works with a lot of extensions and wrong colored input boxes to get the right color inside the field from your style. No matter what kind of color and prosilver you are using. It's also coming from prosilver itself.

You just need to add the following parts to the HTML Code with the wrong colored inputboxes. And don't worry it just change the background color and all inputs still working normal as they should be.

class="inputbox autowidth"

For the other things I'm still looking. A got extension should work for everyone that why I'm looking for those things with more as others. Those fixes works for everyone without any trouble and the others I'm looking for. With the PHPBB Dropdown Dates it would be not a problems, but I know those colorpickers looking much nicer.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Miri4ever wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 am For this is an easy fix a lot of people don't know. It's works with a lot of extensions and wrong colored input boxes to get the right color inside the field from your style. No matter what kind of color and prosilver you are using. It's also coming from prosilver itself.

You just need to add the following parts to the HTML Code with the wrong colored inputboxes. And don't worry it just change the background color and all inputs still working normal as they should be.

class="inputbox autowidth"
Yeah, I forgot to use it in those 3 inputs despite I used it already on the others
https://github.com/phpBB-Studio/DateTop ... ml#L33-L48

Thanks for the heads-up.
Miri4ever wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 am I know those colorpickers looking much nicer.
There are not color-pickers in any place. I believe you are referring to date-pickers instead?
3Di wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 8:59 pm The Datepicker unfortunately doesn't have "themes" to apply.
In any case there is the datepicker.css file (from the vendor) where its colors are defined.
You might want to clone some of its classes into our own CSS file and modify those clones..
.. perhaps you should ad !important at the end of all, try it yourself.? ;)

Be sure to clone our prosilver folder AND rename that clone as per the name of your style, before to act.
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

A new version is coming soon, in the meantime, for those who are following us and interested in the new features and what not...
... we have published a Wiki. Feel free to explore the incoming release's stuffs! :)
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Releasing v1.5.0-beta

See first posts for details/instructions/code changes log - and the new screenshots.

Wiki: Click!, read it before to ask! :)

For those running PHP >= 7.2, PLEASE READ: https://github.com/phpBB-Studio/DateTop ... iki#notice
3Di
I've Been Banned!

Post by 3Di »

Announcing v2.0.0-beta :)

After several months of gestation and hundreds of commits and tests we are proud to announce the release of version 2 that will be the upgrade of the present, many news implemented. In fact it will be the Revolution of the primary concept.

I hope to be able to complete the package within the next few days.
Last edited by 3Di on Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Extensions in Development”