[3.2][RC] Quoted Where + anonymize

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Ger
Recognised Extension Developer

[3.2][RC] Quoted Where + anonymize

Post by Ger » Wed May 30, 2018 1:26 pm

Extension Name: Quoted Where
Author: Ger

Extension Description:
Enables search option for where you were quoted and sanitize quote references for deleted users. Useful for GDPR compliance when a user requests removal.
Features:
  • Search where you have been quoted from Profile in the header navbar
  • Search where a user was quoted from ACP -> manage users
  • Build search index for existing posts, new posts are added on the fly
  • When changing a username from ACP, the username inside quote headings are updated as well
  • Option to replace references to this username in quote headings as well as post author name for users posts with "Guest" when deleting a user from ACP -> manage users (Useful for GDPR)
This extension lets you search for posts where a user is quoted. Adds quick link under the Profile in the header navbar and a search link in ACP -> manage users.

Notice:
For this extension to work properly, all posts on your board should have been parsed by the Textformatter that has been added in phpBB 3.2. If your board was started in phpBB 3.2 you have nothing to worry about. If you have come from another phpBB version or an entire other forum software package, your posts must have been reparsed with the Textreparser. This is a process that's usually executed without you having to worry about it.
I intend to write a more detailed documentation about this process later, until then I recommend you read this post as well as mine below that.

Once you've assured yourself that all posts are in 3.2 format, you can (re)build an index in "ACP" > "Maintenance" > "Quoted Where" and create a search index.

Extension Version: 1.0.0

Extension Download: https://github.com/GerB/quotedwhere

Requirements:
phpbb 3.2 parsed posts (see above)
DOMDocument and DOMXPath

Translations:
Dutch and English included.

Screenshots:
New search option

Regular quoted user

ACP options

Result after removal
Last edited by Ger on Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.
My extensions: Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update and Modern Quote
Newest: Quoted Where + anonymize

Like my work? Buy me a coffee to keep it coming. :ugeek:
-Available for custom work-

Ger

Re: [3.2][RC] Quoted Where

Post by Ger » Wed May 30, 2018 2:40 pm

Reserved
My extensions: Simple CMS, Feed post bot, Avatar Resize, Modbreak, Magic OGP, Live topic update and Modern Quote

Ger

Re: [3.2][RC] Quoted Where + anonymize

Post by Ger » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:48 am

This extension now also has the ability to anonymize users in quotes by other users. This is useful for GDPR complaince regarding the "Right to be forgotten".

Kurt W

Post by Kurt W » Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:10 pm

If I put in the field "deleted user", instead of guest, then the poster name of own massages and the name in the quotes in "deleted user" renamed?

Or is the poster name of own massages always rewritten as "guest"?

I didn't quite understand that.

Best regards Kurt

Edit:

The thing has been done.

The poster name of own massages is always rewritten to guest. If you change that from guest to something else, that will be changed only in the quotes.

I just tried it myself. :)

Ger

Post by Ger » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:23 pm

There proved to be a minor glitch in the search results when posts have been deleted resulting in search results pages with just a handful of posts.

To cope with this I've added a cron task that cleans up the quote index every 6 hours.

Return to “Extensions in Development”