[BETA] Group Subscription (PayPal)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
The Rocker

Re: [BETA] Group Subscription (PayPal)

Post by The Rocker » Fri May 31, 2019 3:53 pm

HI, I thought I would follow / participate.
Found this last night, and finding the same question 'of procedure'.
Though some things are obvious just moving along, trying to think ahead of the unknown isn't the best result lol...

Phpdev888, creating the GROUPS is a phpBB function, I am just getting to know myself.
We create the Group specific as intended in ACP, then it shows to be chosen.
THis basically makes viewing Group unavailable if non-member, setup correctly.
Meaning we have to learn phpBB using its docs and support forum. I'm looking to know which choice of forum 'type' is correct for this forums use. It's Private, using Closed or Request, both look ok, but only one is the ideal choice (I think).
ANd then there's the Sandbox use for Paypal

This is a new monthly membership forum, not live yet, and this BETA is now installed to test/sertup/use.
My Skill level may be considered above novice, maybe lol. I do seem to be able to eventually understand and proceed without help (so far, lol).
Looking into Paypal procedure and how to setup everything, as well as sandbox testing, integrate phpbb (still learning), along with a wordpress site (still learning), keep the forum Group private, quite involved.
Sites been live, and now forum up, creating...

- phpBB3 3.2.7
- PHP7.2
- other Ext are installed, working good so far, but not up to date with phpbb3- 3.2.7, (I can list active if needed)

Looks as though this Ext may jump out of beta real soon. Hoping we can go live with this working, and soon after, as an official release.

StevoTVR does the user email stay a hidden field in the Ext or can it be a reference field for view ? It sends an email of notice correct ? Or, does it use the forum PM ?

Have a great weekend !!!

StevoTVR
Name: Steve Guidetti

Post by StevoTVR » Fri May 31, 2019 4:27 pm

Creating groups and controlling what they have access to is a function of the base phpBB software, so refer to the phpBB documentation for help with that. Once you have a closed or hidden group, you can select it when you create or edit a subscription package.
The Rocker wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:53 pm
StevoTVR does the user email stay a hidden field in the Ext or can it be a reference field for view ? It sends an email of notice correct ? Or, does it use the forum PM ?
The user emails aren't stored by the extension, but their PayPal ID is stored for each transaction. It currently isn't used for anything. Notifications are sent using the phpBB notification system, so they show up in the notification area and/or as an email. The users can control which types of notifications they receive in their preferences.

The Rocker

Post by The Rocker » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:09 am

StevoTVR wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 4:27 pm
Creating groups and controlling what they have access to is a function of the base phpBB software, so refer to the phpBB documentation for help with that. Once you have a closed or hidden group, you can select it when you create or edit a subscription package.
The Rocker wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 3:53 pm
The user emails aren't stored by the extension, but their PayPal ID is stored for each transaction. It currently isn't used for anything. Notifications are sent using the phpBB notification system, so they show up in the notification area and/or as an email. The users can control which types of notifications they receive in their preferences.
THanks, I can definitely work with that !

Phpdev888

Post by Phpdev888 » Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:06 pm

ok so how do i link the group to my forum as i am able to see a "subscribers" group under the extension page

i would like to link the subscribers group to "Private Supply and Demand Trading Community" from sggambling.org

for now the forum is password protected but i will unprotect it once the procedure is shared on how to link the subscription extension to the forum
"Private Supply and Demand Trading Community"

StevoTVR

Post by StevoTVR » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Phpdev888 wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 1:06 pm
ok so how do i link the group to my forum as i am able to see a "subscribers" group under the extension page

i would like to link the subscribers group to "Private Supply and Demand Trading Community" from sggambling.org

for now the forum is password protected but i will unprotect it once the procedure is shared on how to link the subscription extension to the forum
"Private Supply and Demand Trading Community"
Please refer to the phpBB User Guide: https://www.phpbb.com/support/docs/en/3 ... ons_forum/

Phpdev888

Post by Phpdev888 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:06 pm

thanks

hamidouki

Post by hamidouki » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:02 am

Hello
I suggest you to add a download with paypal donation, a download shop is it possible ?
thank you
Salutations à la communauté phpBB

Kattnienika

Post by Kattnienika » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 am

Hi,

Do I need a company or personal PayPal account to use?

StevoTVR

Post by StevoTVR » Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:04 pm

Kattnienika wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:41 am
Hi,

Do I need a company or personal PayPal account to use?
You need an account, but I have not tried using a personal account. As far as I know, any account should work.

Return to “Extensions in Development”