Page 1 of 3

[3.3][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:51 am
by martti
Extension Name: Calendar Month View
Author: martti
Extension Description:
This phpBB extension provides a Calendar Month View page for the Calendar Extension Set
Extension Version: 0.8.0
Requirements: (For phpBB 3.2 use version 0.7.0)
When it's not possible for you to have PHP compiled with --enable-calendar (only in this case!) see the PHP Ext Calendar extension for a possible solution.

Extension Download: https://github.com/marttiphpbb/phpbb-ex ... master.zip The files are to be put into ext/marttiphpbb/calendarmonthview
Github repository: https://github.com/marttiphpbb/phpbb-ex ... rmonthview
Languages: en
Templates: Prosilver
Screenshots:

Calendar Page:

Image

Menu Link

Image

ACP Links

Image

ACP Page Rendering

Image

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:32 am
by martti
A screenshot showing the time hoovering with the mouse over a "moon phase symbol" (the mouse pointer itself is not visible in the screenshot).

Image

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
by leschek
I really like your extensions and appreciate your work, but I have to say that it was nice times when I had to install only one extension to have working calendar. Anyway, here is feedback for this one:
  1. I use Firefox and on top of the tab with calendar I can see only "Forum title - " It looks like there is missing "calendar" or month name or something like it.
  2. I really like the name of event on every row when event is longer than 1 week.
  3. If there is more events in the same date (in my case it's 6 or 7 events) it:
    1. hides top of the cells (so dates and day names are invisible). This is problem in older Firefox 55.
    2. makes all cells rows higher, even rows where there is not any event. I don't know if it's issue or not (I just reporting it and it's maybe nicer have it this way than have different heights of rows).
  4. I would like to have "this week row" on board index.
EDIT: 3a. doesn't appear to be problem in IE, Chrome or Opera

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:54 am
by martti
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
I really like your extensions and appreciate your work, but I have to say that it was nice times when I had to install only one extension to have working calendar. Anyway, here is feedback for this one:
  1. I use Firefox and on top of the tab with calendar I can see only "Forum title - " It looks like there is missing "calendar" or month name or something like it.

It is not really clear to me. Do you have a screenshot of that?
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
2. I really like the name of event on every row when event is longer than 1 week.
Ok. So this is not an issue. You simply state you like the current rendering?
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
3. If there is more events in the same date (in my case it's 6 or 7 events) it:
  1. hides top of the cells (so dates and day names are invisible). This is problem in older Firefox 55.
  2. makes all cells rows higher, even rows where there is not any event. I don't know if it's issue or not (I just reporting it and it's maybe nicer have it this way than have different heights of rows).
a. Do you have a screenshot of that?
b. It is intended that all days stretch equally in height.
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
4. I would like to have "this week row" on board index.
There will be another extension in the future which adds that functionality. (This was also mentioned here).

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:55 am
by martti
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
I really like your extensions and appreciate your work, but I have to say that it was nice times when I had to install only one extension to have working calendar. Anyway, here is feedback for this one:
  1. I use Firefox and on top of the tab with calendar I can see only "Forum title - " It looks like there is missing "calendar" or month name or something like it.

It is not really clear to me. Do you have a screenshot of that?
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
2. I really like the name of event on every row when event is longer than 1 week.
Ok. So this is not an issue. You simply state you like the current rendering?
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
3. If there is more events in the same date (in my case it's 6 or 7 events) it:
  1. hides top of the cells (so dates and day names are invisible). This is problem in older Firefox 55.
  2. makes all cells rows higher, even rows where there is not any event. I don't know if it's issue or not (I just reporting it and it's maybe nicer have it this way than have different heights of rows).
a. Do you have a screenshot of that?
b. It is intended that all days stretch equally in height.
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
4. I would like to have "this week row" on board index.
There will be another extension in the future which adds that functionality. (This was also mentioned here).

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm
by leschek
martti wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:55 am
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
  1. I use Firefox and on top of the tab with calendar I can see only "Forum title - " It looks like there is missing "calendar" or month name or something like it.

It is not really clear to me. Do you have a screenshot of that?
Screenshot:

Image
martti wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:55 am
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
2. I really like the name of event on every row when event is longer than 1 week.
Ok. So this is not an issue. You simply state you like the current rendering?
Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I like the current rendering.
martti wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:55 am
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
3. If there is more events in the same date (in my case it's 6 or 7 events) it:
  1. hides top of the cells (so dates and day names are invisible). This is problem in older Firefox 55.
  2. makes all cells rows higher, even rows where there is not any event. I don't know if it's issue or not (I just reporting it and it's maybe nicer have it this way than have different heights of rows).
a. Do you have a screenshot of that?
b. It is intended that all days stretch equally in height.
Screenshot:

Image

Also, you can see that graphic view of events starts on the left border of day cells. I think it would be nicer if there is little space between beginning of event and left frame of day cell. But this isn't big issue.
martti wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 4:55 am
leschek wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:55 pm
4. I would like to have "this week row" on board index.
There will be another extension in the future which adds that functionality. (This was also mentioned here).
Great, already looking forward to it.

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:12 am
by martti
leschek wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm
Image
Yes, probably the solution here will be to add flex-basis: auto; to div.evrow-head and div.evrow-foot in the stylesheet. I can't test it though, as I have not Firefox 55.

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 am
by martti
leschek wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm
Also, you can see that graphic view of events starts on the left border of day cells. I think it would be nicer if there is little space between beginning of event and left frame of day cell. But this isn't big issue.
Well, that's maybe a matter of taste. That's why you can apply your own style-sheet (the Extra Style extension will be adapted for this in the future). I use the full width because the text gets cropped for short events and the overlapping borders don't bother me.

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:10 pm
by leschek
martti wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:12 am
leschek wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm
Image
Yes, probably the solution here will be to add flex-basis: auto; to div.evrow-head and div.evrow-foot in the stylesheet. I can't test it though, as I have not Firefox 55.
Thank you, but it didn't help. But don't worry I think there is no too many FF 55 users.
martti wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:33 am
leschek wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm
Also, you can see that graphic view of events starts on the left border of day cells. I think it would be nicer if there is little space between beginning of event and left frame of day cell. But this isn't big issue.
Well, that's maybe a matter of taste. That's why you can apply your own style-sheet (the Extra Style extension will be adapted for this in the future). I use the full width because the text gets cropped for short events and the overlapping borders don't bother me.
As I wrote it is not too big issue. I'm still testing your calendar on testing board with default prosilver. On my main board I use different style (also full width) and I will have to adjust it anyway.

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:23 pm
by martti
Version 0.2.1 fixes the "title issue" as reported by leschek (1). "Calendar" is added to the title.

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:58 am
by martti
leschek wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:10 pm
martti wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:12 am
leschek wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm
Image
Yes, probably the solution here will be to add flex-basis: auto; to div.evrow-head and div.evrow-foot in the stylesheet. I can't test it though, as I have not Firefox 55.
Thank you, but it didn't help. But don't worry I think there is no too many FF 55 users.
Strange it seems to appear only in the first week. Did you clear the browser cache or purge the phpBB cache after you edited the file?

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:37 pm
by leschek
martti wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:58 am
leschek wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 1:10 pm
martti wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 10:12 am
leschek wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:14 pm
Image
Yes, probably the solution here will be to add flex-basis: auto; to div.evrow-head and div.evrow-foot in the stylesheet. I can't test it though, as I have not Firefox 55.
Thank you, but it didn't help. But don't worry I think there is no too many FF 55 users.
Strange it seems to appear only in the first week. Did you clear the browser cache or purge the phpBB cache after you edited the file?
Yes, I purged phpBB cache and cleared browser cache too.

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:56 pm
by martti
Update version 0.5.0
  • phpBB version requirement jumps from 3.2.1 to 3.2.5
  • This version uses the new version of the Menu Items (0.4.0) extension so that a menu links can be ordered by a priority number. See screenshot below. You should update the Menu Items extension too.
Image

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:57 pm
by martti
Oops, a reply by mistake.

Re: [3.2][BETA] Calendar Month View

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:49 am
by martti
Version 0.6.0 is out and corrects two things:
  • The moon phase was off by one day due to a wrong conversion from PHP Julian Day Count to the Julian Date.
  • The drop-down menus from the navigation bar are not longer disappearing under the calendar events.
Before

Image

After

Image