[3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Toxyy

Re: [3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts

Post by Toxyy »

silver update 0.10.0

I feel comfortable enough with this to call it the silver update, before gold. Some minor updates will come after this, but all the functionality is there, and everything has been tested and fixed. I don't think it's likely a bug breaking functionality or anonymity will pop up, and there isn't much to do. Since the code got changed so much I need to clean everything up again, like seeing if S_DISPLAY_USERNAME needs to be recalculated and if poster_id_backup is still needed..... but other than that we're getting there :D

After I clean up the code in a minor update following this, I will give this extension gold status and change it to RC, after the last github PRs have been accepted.

- fix user id showing up in quote bbcode
-- broke after fixing the anon attachment permissions bug
-- fixed allowing staff to edit anon posts with attachments, previous fix was only for the post author
- fixed username showing up in post edit message, now hides it if the post is anon and its from the OP
- fixed mod actions not updating forum/topic row
-- fork topic broke posts/topic/and forum data, those are fixed
-- merge, reapprove, delete, split, etc broke forum/topic table, this is fixed
- fixed syncing not updating forum and topic data, for the last post update function too
-- tied to mod action fixed above, and anything else that syncs
- fix anon topics not being able to delete polls
-- tied to the attachment/quote attribute fix
- fix OP only being able to be anonymous 1
-- if the OP was made anon after an anon post was made, or more likely if a topic was split and OP was anon but not anon 1, would be messed up on viewforum
- fixed anon numbering messing up, and different posters having matching anon indices
-- rewrote the query that manages this, and use the real post id for that drier function when quoting fixed that
- fixed 'anonymous post' message not appearing in mcp topic review mode
- fixed some sql queries not using internal sql in set vs implode
- fixed all the bugs that popped up when i fixed everything else, which led to a lot of code rewrite
-- those were annoying and what took up most of this update time >:(
- ultra code overhaul
-- internal functions used (update_subarray), union operator used more as well
-- everything was reorganized to use those, some logic rewritten as well
-- old schema updated for compatibility but that will be made into one file for the RC release...
-- helper renamed to driver, all non db functions merged into the listener again
-- row and rowset no longer pass parameter by reference
- ??? enormous update might have forgotten a thing or two
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
lopoto

Post by lopoto »

how I installed the last version 0.9.10 everything works well, now I'm doing the update on 0.10 - it shows an error.

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

lopoto wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:59 pm how I installed the last version 0.9.10 everything works well, now I'm doing the update on 0.10 - it shows an error.
Please note that the code depends on events that have not been accepted into core phpbb yet. If you want to use this, then you'll need to manually add in the 4 pull requests that I haven't put a line through in the OP of this thread. Please note that some commits made can be in the same file, so make sure that when you add them you don't just copy/paste the commit raw file, as that won't add in the other commits of the same file.

I cannot guarantee that this extension will work properly at this point without these missing pull requests, use this on your board at your own risk.

Actually I didn't expect anyone to have installed it yet, lol. Sorry about that. It's because in the migration file I say POSTS_TABLE instead of TOPICS_TABLE.

Github has been updated with that fix, you can also fix it yourself if you'd like:

In /anonymousposts/migrations/v_0_10_0_data.php, find update_column_data()

Right below it you'll see POSTS_TABLE

replace it with TOPICS_TABLE

Sorry about that, and thank you for your feedback! Also thanks for using the extension. If you have any suggestions or problems, feel free to post in the thread in the future.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
lopoto

Post by lopoto »

On localhost , working well now :geek: thx.
Motteless Bailey

Post by Motteless Bailey »

Toxyy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:54 am silver update 0.10.0

I feel comfortable enough with this to call it the silver update, before gold. Some minor updates will come after this, but all the functionality is there, and everything has been tested and fixed. I don't think it's likely a bug breaking functionality or anonymity will pop up, and there isn't much to do. Since the code got changed so much I need to clean everything up again, like seeing if S_DISPLAY_USERNAME needs to be recalculated and if poster_id_backup is still needed..... but other than that we're getting there :D

After I clean up the code in a minor update following this, I will give this extension gold status and change it to RC, after the last github PRs have been accepted.
Hi OP! Amazing work with this extension. I'm just wondering whether it's still under development for a full release, or if you're moved onto other projects at this time?
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

Motteless Bailey wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 6:50 pm
Toxyy wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:54 am silver update 0.10.0

Hi OP! Amazing work with this extension. I'm just wondering whether it's still under development for a full release, or if you're moved onto other projects at this time?
Of the three PRs left needed for this extension, one has to be reworked and has been closed, and two need to be revised by me but are still open. Besides this, I've become aware of one more bug, I forget the exact steps at this time, but you're able to see the users anonymous posts within a search for just their posts. Like I said, I forgot how to do it exactly, but I've witnessed the bug myself. Other than that I believe it's mostly done.

To your original question, currently I'm working on other projects, but when I get the time I'll work on the PRs and the bug and releasing another version. This is currently running on a forum seamlessly as far as I know, besides that search issue.

Some of my extensions:
ivailo95
Name: Ivailo

Post by ivailo95 »

This would be great for dateing board/sites :D
if you make option
- force all member to post anonymous
- send pm message anonymous
- Reveal all anonymous users
- Reveal user
For REALLY good and VERY cheap hosting CLICK HERE
Watch "Lost in a random" game, it's the best
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

Any updates on this one?
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

I've reformatted and updated most of the code, fixed the first unmerged pr (still need to make a new pr for that). Next step is to fix the last 2. Also there are two bugs, it's not updating the last post area fast enough sometimes in forums with lower activity (tested on an active forum), can't replicate on my dev board as of yet, and a search bug on the user profile that I'm looking into.
ivailo95 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:01 pm This would be great for dateing board/sites :D
if you make option
For now I think I can add this without much issue as well, if more people want the other ones I can look into it.

Some of my extensions:
Kaffe

Post by Kaffe »

Toxyy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:53 am I've reformatted and updated most of the code, fixed the first unmerged pr (still need to make a new pr for that). Next step is to fix the last 2. Also there are two bugs, it's not updating the last post area fast enough sometimes in forums with lower activity (tested on an active forum), can't replicate on my dev board as of yet, and a search bug on the user profile that I'm looking into.
Thanks for the update! Really looking forward to this one :)
ivailo95 wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:01 pm This would be great for dateing board/sites :D
if you make option
Toxyy wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:53 am For now I think I can add this without much issue as well, if more people want the other ones I can look into it.
I second the "force all members to post anonymous". Would be awesome if it could be set to a "per forum" as well, i.e. some forums anonymity is forced, in others it's optional or not allowed at all.
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

Kaffe wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:54 pm I second the "force all members to post anonymous". Would be awesome if it could be set to a "per forum" as well, i.e. some forums anonymity is forced, in others it's optional or not allowed at all.
It will be an option per forum yes :)

Some of my extensions:
Junsui

Post by Junsui »

Hi!

Is there an update for 3.3 version? I have installed this one in the latest version and the CHECK dsoent appear in the new post field.

Thanks!!!
Maggan22

Post by Maggan22 »

Please, Please, Please update for 3.3
Greets Maggan22
Paul
Infrastructure Team Leader
Infrastructure Team Leader
Name: Paul Sohier

Re: [ABD] Anonymous Posts

Post by Paul »

This topic has been marked as [ABD] - Abandoned as the extension author has not been active recently. If the extension author wishes to continue development, please PM anyone on the Extension Customisations Team to request this topic be unlocked.

Notice!
We do not recommend that a user of the phpBB software install this extension, or any other extension that is marked as "abandoned" or "in development", on a live forum. Doing so may cause your forum to not perform in the manner it should.

Thank you,
The phpBB Extension Customisations Team
MattF
Extensions Development Coordinator
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Re: [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts

Post by MattF »

Un-abandoned and un-locked, as developer is still actively updating this extension.
Formerly known as VSEMy ExtensionsPlease do not PM me for support.

Return to “Extensions in Development”