[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Toxyy

Re: [3.2][DEV] Anonymous Posts

Post by Toxyy » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:29 pm

kinerity wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:22 pm
You could use jxtools to insert your template code. There's an example here. The whole topic, however, is well worth a read.
Interestingly enough restless rancor has shown me that it is indeed possible!

https://github.com/restless-rancor/rr-a ... epend.html

Using <!-- and --> in before/after template events will hide them just fine. Not sure how efficient this is vs nulling out all the keys in the data array per post...
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||
[3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics

Restless Rancor

Re: [3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts

Post by Restless Rancor » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:10 am

Using <!-- and --> works, but if any other extension uses the same events they're in, (or events between them), they'll be commented out.

It's also worth noticing this is the phpBB syntax - the Twig equivalent is {# and #}, which doesn't achieve the same result. I was probably missing something obvious at the time, but as phpBB are encouraging the switch to Twig syntax it's something to think about.
These aren't the droids you're looking for...

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 am

gigantic update 0.9.5

-whole thing got rewritten
-a few columns added to the db
-sql query use heavily reduced and optimized

so much more internally that i lost track, cachegrind says that things are looking better though so mission accomplished

todo:
-make users not able to change status once anonymous, smart users will be able to notice and that just gives admins headaches
-only allow staff to change the status, and as such we need to change all quote info/all notification info too
-recalculate most active forum/topic in the user profile-, remove anonymous posts from those queries
-possible notification bug, likely user error

Getting pretty close to version 1.0.0, it appears that this is almost completely finished.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

My extensions:
[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][RC] Show User Activity ||

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:14 am

update 0.9.6

-removed unnecessary column from posts table
-'Anonymous post' italic thing appears in mcp topic review now
-usernames toggled in notifications when anon is toggled now :) (thanks rxu)
-fixed poster_id = 1 in db again
--last forum/topic post was getting messed up with this i think... no longer? testing shows its okay
-optimized some code
-cant remember if this or last update, but turkish no longer supported due to language file changes

My extensions:

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 am

Toxyy wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:14 am
-fixed poster_id = 1 in db again
You should use the constant ANONYMOUS as you cannot guarantee that on all sites the Anonymous user will be 1 - I accept that 99.9% of the time it will be (also your extension may well be denied for the CDB if you use "magic numbers")
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:18 am

david63 wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:34 am
You should use the constant ANONYMOUS as you cannot guarantee that on all sites the Anonymous user will be 1 - I accept that 99.9% of the time it will be (also your extension may well be denied for the CDB if you use "magic numbers")
I do use ANONYMOUS internally, that note was moreso for me. But thanks for the heads up :)

major update 0.9.9
-anonymous 0 bug for OP should be fixed (rare bug)
-spacing fixed
-quick post anon button reflects user permissions now
-anon post button is now greyed out during post edits for normal users to cut down on webmasters dealing with mad users b/c of their own error
-most active forum/topic total on user profile is now recalculated for people who arent that user and are non staff
-people are now able to edit anonymous posts with attachments without an error
-fixed username change in notifications bug for turning posts anonymous
-removed multibyte true from the anon checkbox
-first/last post stay keep their authors names when toggling anon... they were being overwritten by the user editing them at rare times
-add forum and user permission to edit anon status

todo:
-some sql deletion bug, might be unrelated
-topic author on viewforum gets messed up if OP is deleted, maybe last post too
-fix usernames in quotes when anon status is toggled

My extensions:

Motteless Bailey

Post by Motteless Bailey » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:42 pm

Thanks so much for developing this! My forum's been in desperate need of this extension for a while. Really looking forward to the 1.0.

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:52 pm

Motteless Bailey wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:42 pm
Thanks so much for developing this! My forum's been in desperate need of this extension for a while. Really looking forward to the 1.0.
There are still some anonymous 0 bugs and some bad numbering, and if anon 0 bugs are happening that also likely means that some notifications will have a guest named Anonymous. The anon 0 bugs are rarer at least and I can't replicate them yet.

Names in quotes don't change yet if the anon status is updated, as it requires editing the quoted where extension. I've talked with Ger and came up with a plan, it's just a matter of coding it. I want to fix the remaining bugs first before I get to that, though. A lot of these bugs stem from changing the anon status. Since changing anon status can reveal who a user is to smarter users, I've added a permission this latest update that by default disables this.

I'm also contemplating adding a tripcode or something, probably just one tripcode per profile. Maybe not.

Feel free to provide any suggestions.

My extensions:

Motteless Bailey

Post by Motteless Bailey » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:07 pm

Toxyy wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:52 pm
Motteless Bailey wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:42 pm
There are still some anonymous 0 bugs and some bad numbering, and if anon 0 bugs are happening that also likely means that some notifications will have a guest named Anonymous. The anon 0 bugs are rarer at least and I can't replicate them yet.

Names in quotes don't change yet if the anon status is updated, as it requires editing the quoted where extension. I've talked with Ger and came up with a plan, it's just a matter of coding it. I want to fix the remaining bugs first before I get to that, though. A lot of these bugs stem from changing the anon status. Since changing anon status can reveal who a user is to smarter users, I've added a permission this latest update that by default disables this.

I'm also contemplating adding a tripcode or something, probably just one tripcode per profile. Maybe not.

Feel free to provide any suggestions.
Is this a permission that can be set on a group basis? It would be very useful for moderators to be able to change/de-anonymize users abusing the anonymous feature, and wouldn't generate the same concerns as users exploiting the status change to out one another.

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:08 pm

Motteless Bailey wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:07 pm
Is this a permission that can be set on a group basis?
yes

My extensions:

Motteless Bailey

Post by Motteless Bailey » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:33 pm

Do you happen to know if the extension is incompatible with phpbb 3.2.2? I've been deferring updating due to having had some major site-breaking issues caused by phpbb updates in the past. I'd prefer to avoid doing so without necessity, but I understand if new extensions have certain unavoidable dependencies.

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:49 pm

Motteless Bailey wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:33 pm
Do you happen to know if the extension is incompatible with phpbb 3.2.2?
It won't be fully compatible until 3.2.6 now, as the last pr required has been deferred. Hopefully I won't need to make any more for changing quoted names, I believe I just need to modify the quoted where extension and I'll be good to go.

There are versions that are compatible with 3.2.4, and 3.2.5, though. In fact, you can remove the 3.2.6 part from the latest version's listener if you want, and use my other little extension to hide most active topic/forum in the user profile.

I think I just fixed the anon 0/bad numbering issues, I'll make an update tomorrow or in a few days probably. At that point, if you want, and if you know what you're doing, you can implement the prs that I've listed in the OP but this isn't recommended at all and I suggest you wait. The one that hasn't been approved yet may be changed slightly or renamed in the future depending on what the devs think.

tldr it's still in beta

My extensions:

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:44 am

update 0.9.10
-fix last post by in ucp bookmarks and subscriptions
-also fix it in the topics and forums table if topic last post is soft/hard deleted
-tried to add failsafes in case of anon 0 bug cropping up... lots of them

My extensions:

pikachuturkey
Name: Rıza

Post by pikachuturkey » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:48 pm

Turkish language file of "[3.2][BETA] Anonymous Posts" version 0.9.10 (22.12.2018 github)
language/tr/common.php

Code: Select all

<?php
/**
* phpBB Extension - toxyy Anonymous Posts
* @copyright (c) 2018 toxyy <thrashtek@yahoo.com>
* @license GNU General Public License, version 2 (GPL-2.0)
*/
if (!defined('IN_PHPBB'))
{
        exit;
}
if (empty($lang) || !is_array($lang))
{
        $lang = [];
}
$lang = array_merge($lang, [
        'ANP_DEFAULT'           => 'Anonim',
        'ANP_MESSAGE'           => 'Anonim Gönderi',
        'ANP_ACTION'            => 'Anonim olarak gönder',
        'ANP_PERMISSIONS'       => 'Anonim olarak gönderebilir',
        'ANP_EDIT_PERMISSIONS'  => 'Anonim durumu düzenleyebilir',
]);
Health For Everyone ==> www.saglikforum.org

Toxyy

Post by Toxyy » Sat Dec 29, 2018 2:02 am

major update 0.9.11
-turkish support added back in
-anon 0 bug for quotes should be fixed
--this should also fixed the last post by bug as well
-last post by bug fixed for approving the last post (if soft deleted, maybe more), last update was only for deleting last post
--fixed for topics and forums
-anon checkbox stays checked if previewing a post, if a new post was made before you made yours, for flood warnings... probably fixed for most errors or any situation that the post isn't submitted

Now it's a matter of fixing rare bugs and making the code look pretty. As far as I know most bugs should be fixed by this point, the board I'm developing this for should have enough data in a couple days to tell me how finished this is.

Gold update almost here!!

My extensions:

Return to “Extensions in Development”