[ABD] PG Social Network

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
PGreca

[ABD] PG Social Network

Post by PGreca »

Extension Name: PG Social Network
Author: PGreca

Extension Description: Transform your forum into a Social Network
Extension Version: 0.6.3
Require: phpBB Media Embed PlugIn

Features:
  • New style graphic profile
  • Cover profile
  • Add status to your wall.
  • Youtube link embed on status.
  • Status for new cover or profile picture.
  • Upload picture.
  • Status for new post and new picture.
  • Picture popup.
  • Comment a status.
  • Like/unlike a status.
  • Your info gender.
  • Accept/decline friend request.
  • Search users.
  • Change profile cover.
  • Chat with members or friends.
  • Messages chat encrypt.
  • Sound for new messages chat (can disable).
  • Youtube link embed on messages.
  • AND MORE
Demo URL: https://pgreca.it
Demo Username: test
Demo Password: testpgreca

Test account disabled for continue abuses of them by testers

Extension Download: https://github.com/PGreca/pgsocial

Screenshots:
ImageImage
ImageImage Image
Last edited by PGreca on Sun May 03, 2020 11:11 am, edited 10 times in total.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: [ALPHA] [3.2] PG Social Network

Post by Brf »

Why is it displaying the username and password in the header? if anyone is looking over my shoulder, they would know my password!
PGreca

Post by PGreca »

Edited. Thanks!
Toxyy

Post by Toxyy »

This extension is intense. I couldn't explore it because of this error when I logged in:

https://image.ibb.co/gwHUYA/Screenshot- ... allery.jpg
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

Looks pretty good! But be careful .. you have an account switch on the test account that goes to the admin account.
david63

Post by david63 »

Not wishing to discourage you but can I make a few suggestions about your code before you get too far down the road - especially if you intend submitting this extension to the CDB.
  • Firstly I would suggest that you look at phpBB's coding guidelines as much of your code does not conform especially your non use of Unix line endings, but there are other coding issues (opening { for example must be on a new line)
  • There are many other errors which are highlighted if you run your GitHub repository through the EPV.
  • You need to break your language file into several files and only load the ones that are need at that time - you do not want to be loading all your ACP language on every page. Also I would suggest that you look at using plurals.
  • Many of your language variables are already in the core and whilst there is nothing wrong with re-defining them in your extension there is a possibility that core functionality could be affected if they are defined differently. It will depend on the order in which the files are loaded - the last will overwrite the first. By all means use your own but ensure that they are unique.
  • You cannot have an underscore in your namespace.
  • You cannot have globals in controllers.
  • You should consider using Twig syntax in your templates - you can use this tool to convert them.
  • You have some hard coded language in your template files.
  • I am not sure what the phpBB version checks are for in your listener file but as phpBB 3.1 is now unsupported there is no requirement for backward compatibility and version checking should be done via the ext.php when installing the extension.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
PGreca

Post by PGreca »

david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am Not wishing to discourage you but can I make a few suggestions about your code before you get too far down the road - especially if you intend submitting this extension to the CDB.
Thank you! I'm new to phpbb and as a developer, so for me your help was very important. At the moment I do not care to send the ext to the CDB (it's to much soon with so many features to correct and add).
david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am Firstly I would suggest that you look at phpBB's coding guidelines as much of your code does not conform especially your non use of Unix line endings, but there are other coding issues (opening { for example must be on a new line)
Ok i correted opening { and now i use the Unix line endings. If i' ll see other bug i' ll fix they.
david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am There are many other errors which are highlighted if you run your GitHub repository through the EPV.
I correted many errors and soon i'll finish to correct other, but i don't understand how to correct Warning: Can't detect the file type for message.mp3, handling it as a binary file.. I' m using a file .mp3 for "notification sound on chat".
david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am [*]You need to break your language file into several files and only load the ones that are need at that time - you do not want to be loading all your ACP language on every page. Also I would suggest that you look at using plurals.
[*]Many of your language variables are already in the core and whilst there is nothing wrong with re-defining them in your extension there is a possibility that core functionality could be affected if they are defined differently. It will depend on the order in which the files are loaded - the last will overwrite the first. By all means use your own but ensure that they are unique.
I have divided the language file (main, acp, mcp, ucp, error migration), and set basic plurals, i hope to don't forget nothing.
david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am [*]You cannot have an underscore in your namespace.
I have renamed pg_social in to pgsocial
david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am [*]You cannot have globals in controllers.
Removed.
david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am [*]You should consider using Twig syntax in your templates - you can use this tool to convert them.
Changed.
david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am [*]You have some hard coded language in your template files.
Can you take me a example, so i can correct?
david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am [*]I am not sure what the phpBB version checks are for in your listener file but as phpBB 3.1 is now unsupported there is no requirement for backward compatibility and version checking should be done via the ext.php when installing the extension.[/list]
I hope to have correct this.
</Solidjeuh>
Name: Andy Dm

Post by </Solidjeuh> »

PGreca wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:46 am
david63 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:39 am [*]You have some hard coded language in your template files.
Can you take me a example, so i can correct?
I did not check all the files, but here are some examples:

https://github.com/PGreca/pgsocial/blob ... y.html#L88
https://github.com/PGreca/pgsocial/blob ... l.html#L34
https://github.com/PGreca/pgsocial/blob ... ge.html#L7
https://github.com/PGreca/pgsocial/blob ... e.html#L81
https://github.com/PGreca/pgsocial/blob ... e.html#L84
https://github.com/PGreca/pgsocial/blob ... s.html#L10
david63

Post by david63 »

PGreca wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:46 am I correted many errors and soon i'll finish to correct other, but i don't understand how to correct Warning: Can't detect the file type for message.mp3, handling it as a binary file.. I' m using a file .mp3 for "notification sound on chat".
You can ignore that message
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

nice work congratulations
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes
NastyBoy
Name: Tim

Post by NastyBoy »

Can you please tell me how to install the ext exactly because I tried to rewrite it in PG Social Network but the ext will not be activated
PGreca

Post by PGreca »

NastyBoy wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:54 pm Can you please tell me how to install the ext exactly because I tried to rewrite it in PG Social Network but the ext will not be activated
Put in ext/pgreca/pgsocial
After go in PCA - > PG Social and enable the first option if it is disable
If it return any errors, tell me.
eunaumtenhoid wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:27 am nice work congratulations
Thanks! :D

-------

Now i' m focused on optimize the code and her queries, and fix the last bugs.

After i wanna like find a mode for "interact" with other extensions. (Calendar Events for example and etc...) :)
nou nou

Post by nou nou »

Very impressive and promising work! I'm definitely keeping an eye on this.

Will you be extending the permissions for this extension? It would be nice if for example only people in a specific group can chat. Or people in another group have a "wall". So newly registered users have the default phpBB profile page, for example (or the pgsocial "style" without any additional functionality).

Same for the ability to add pictures, etc (to avoid potential diskspace issues) as well as other features. Overall having the ability to finetune the experience for different users and groups would be splendid, and for some admins/hosts a necessity.

What is the "Create a page" permission for, exactly?

And lastly something a little odd. Every time I click on a friend's profile, I get a "transferring data from adservice.google.ca" - is there Google Ad functionality embedded in this extension?
eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

Is it possible to implement a mention user system or compatible with a paul extension and add a hashtag system? add option to leave comment on profile? as the extension coment on profile or compatible with it?
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes
SinusVonAlpha

Post by SinusVonAlpha »

Hey there! This extension surely takes profiles to a whole new level, but there is one major problem I am facing:

I successfully enabled it and the page activity page under /social is working fine, but when I click on profile names within the board I get the following error:

Any idea on how to fix this?

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”