[ABD] Bulk User Add

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
david63

[ABD] Bulk User Add

Post by david63 »

Extension Name: Bulk User Add
Author: david63

Extension Description: An extension for phpBB 3.2.x that will add users from either an Excel spreadsheet or a CSV file.

This extension makes use of the PhpSpreadsheet set of classes.

Extension Version: [RC] 2.1.0-rc1

Requirements: 3.2.0

Notes:
See next post

Features:
  • Add users from an Excel spreadsheet.
  • Add users from a CSV file.
  • Option to copy a start date from the input file.
Installation:
  • Download the latest release and unzip it.
  • Upload the unzipped files to root/ext/david63/bulkuseradd and enable it in the ACP

GitHub Repository:
Extension Download:
Last edited by david63 on Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:22 am, edited 6 times in total.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
david63

Re: [3.2][RC] Bulk User Add

Post by david63 »

This extension will add users from an Excel spreadsheet or a CSV file in which there is a Username column and an Email column.

The user will be added with a password that is exactly the same as their Username and upon the first time they log in they will be forced to change their password - as long as this extension is still enabled.
  • Any user found to have a Username that is already in use will not be added.
  • Any user row of the input file that does not have a Username will not be added.
  • Any user row of the input file that does not have an email address will not be added.
Any records in the input file that cannot be added will be reported in the board's Admin log.

==================================================================================
Note I strongly recommend that this extension is used on a test board to ensure that it produces the results that are required and that before using it on a live board that the database is backed up as there is no "undo", "revert" or "restore" options available.
==================================================================================
David

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
igorbond

Post by igorbond »

I have such a CSV file with

Code: Select all

163 users; exunoz;[email protected];28.03.2016, 10: 14 
but nothing happens, what's wrong with this file? And can you know how to import users from the forum first?
david63

Post by david63 »

igorbond wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:46 pm what's wrong with this file?
Without seeing the file I have no idea
igorbond wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:46 pm And can you know how to import users from the forum first?
Don't know what that means
David

igorbond

Post by igorbond »

Or you can just give an example of the design of the CSV file
david63

Post by david63 »

igorbond wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 1:13 pm Or you can just give an example of the design of the CSV file
Standard CSV file - data fields separated by a comma
David

igorbond

Post by igorbond »

david63

Post by david63 »

Works just fine for me.

Have you set the sheet, start row and columns?
David

igorbond

Post by igorbond »

And where and what to install?
david63

Post by david63 »

igorbond wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:11 pm And where and what to install?
ACP > Extensions > Bulk user add > Bulk user add settings
David

nou nou

Post by nou nou »

david63 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:39 pm Extension Description: An extension for phpBB 3.2.x that will automatically backup your database using the phpBB 3.2 Cron.add users from either an Excel spreadsheet or a CSV file.
I don't think it does a database backup as well, right?
david63

Post by david63 »

nou nou wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:30 pm
david63 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:39 pm Extension Description: An extension for phpBB 3.2.x that will automatically backup your database using the phpBB 3.2 Cron.add users from either an Excel spreadsheet or a CSV file.
I don't think it does a database backup as well, right?
:oops: :oops: :oops: That's copy, paste and edit for you (and not reading what you have typed)!!!!
David

mywork

Post by mywork »

What is the date time format ? do you have any example for US format if using CSV? i tried different formats but seems to be not same when users are created.
oleggorfinkel

Post by oleggorfinkel »

Hi, David. I have followed the instructions for installing the Bulk User Add extension and it is now enabled in the Extension Manager. However, when I go to the Settings page, everything that appears on it is informational, and I can't see how I can actually use this extension to import users from a CSV file. Please help... Thanks!
technicalplay

Post by technicalplay »

Hi David thanks for this super mod! Though I am having a little trouble (not sure if user error or mod).
I successfully installed the mod, Activated it no problem, go to Extensions tab in ACP, BULK USER ADD /Bulk user add settings fill out sheet name "members" (not adding the xlsx extension), First data field is 1 which is the cell row that starts a member, Username "A", Email column "B", Start date column "C", I switch to US for date format (I just read this only applies to CSV files) I didn't know this mod could accept CSV I will try that and see if better results. I then click Submit button and it shows green banner it was successful.

Next click on Bulk user add process to upload th actual file "members.xlsx" click upload, I can now see in the UPDATE area this name of the file (backed up the database as you suggested) click UPDATE and hold my breath! Sure enough get the green banner successful! Whoosh... ok so now I look at the Maintenance Tab and shows this: Bulk User Add - there is no username for email.

I then go to the manage users to see how many actually made it over and nothing no import at all.

Please help!
Ralph

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”