[3.2][RC] Bulk User Add

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
davaguco
Name: DAVID AGULLO

Re: [3.2][RC] Bulk User Add

Post by davaguco » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:14 am

The download link doesn't seem to be working right now.
David.
English-Spanish Mod Translator. Send me a PM if you need anything translated (usually free unless you need a fixed finishing date).

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:41 am

davaguco wrote:
Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:14 am
The download link doesn't seem to be working right now.
Fixed
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

davaguco

Post by davaguco » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:15 pm

technicalplay wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:08 pm
Hi David thanks for this super mod! Though I am having a little trouble (not sure if user error or mod).
I successfully installed the mod, Activated it no problem, go to Extensions tab in ACP, BULK USER ADD /Bulk user add settings fill out sheet name "members" (not adding the xlsx extension), First data field is 1 which is the cell row that starts a member, Username "A", Email column "B", Start date column "C", I switch to US for date format (I just read this only applies to CSV files) I didn't know this mod could accept CSV I will try that and see if better results. I then click Submit button and it shows green banner it was successful.

Next click on Bulk user add process to upload th actual file "members.xlsx" click upload, I can now see in the UPDATE area this name of the file (backed up the database as you suggested) click UPDATE and hold my breath! Sure enough get the green banner successful! Whoosh... ok so now I look at the Maintenance Tab and shows this: Bulk User Add - there is no username for email.

I then go to the manage users to see how many actually made it over and nothing no import at all.

Please help!
Ralph
Exactly the same thing is happening to me. I have tried with spreadsheet and csv file. The spreadsheet file takes 0 seconds to process so as it's a big file I'm guessing it's not reading it. The csv file takes a while to process, then it displays a green message as it had finished succesfully. But no user has been imported. The maintenance log shows lots of pages with the same "Bulk User Add - there is no username for email" message repeated several thousand times (one per user I guess).
David.
English-Spanish Mod Translator. Send me a PM if you need anything translated (usually free unless you need a fixed finishing date).

david63

Post by david63 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:50 pm

I'll take a look later
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

davaguco

Post by davaguco » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:39 am

Hi, did you find any solution to these errors? Thanks!
David.

david63

Post by david63 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:51 am

davaguco wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:39 am
Hi, did you find any solution to these errors? Thanks!
Yes and no - some of it is fixed but I have another issue that I want to fix first.
David

Return to “Extensions in Development”