[CDB] Simple WYSIWYG

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
david63

Re: [RC] Simple WYSIWYG

Post by david63 »

koraldon wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 11:09 am f in phpbb 4 the bbcode definition will change to support WYSIWYG will it work?
The problem with doing something like that is with backward compatibility.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!

I now no longer support any of my extensions but they will start to become available here
Meis2M
Translator
Name: میثم نوبری

Post by Meis2M »

delete...
phpBB persian international support
Follow us in Instagram
Free upgrade and install extensions on your forum - drop me PM
Ultimate phpBB SEO Friendly URL extension
Senky
Former Team Member
Name: Jakub

Post by Senky »

It is by design. It is actually an excellent design - it allows multiple placeholders and their types. But parsing it in a realtime to HTML and then backwards is very complicated. That's why there is no WYSIWYG in phpBB yet.
‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎🔔
Browser & Mobile Notifications Extension
Now with Safari (both macOS and iOS) support!
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Senky wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 2:14 pm It is by design. It is actually an excellent design - it allows multiple placeholders and their types. But parsing it in a realtime to HTML and then backwards is very complicated. That's why there is no WYSIWYG in phpBB yet.
Actually. I tried that before and was fairly close to achieve it.... Unfortunately, logistical disaster stroke and... But a very "thin" miss, it wasn't good enough.
That was back when SCE had quite good support from the original developer (and he had time to spend on it). We can try again with CKE and build on top of my code.
I don't know if that code still works but phpBB is still using the same code base, so it may well work.

If you want url or sth to it, just ask. I can look for that branch so the code can be upgraded to the current needs.
Senky
Former Team Member

Post by Senky »

brunoais wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:44 pm I can look for that branch so the code can be upgraded to the current needs.
That sounds exciting! Feel free to fork https://github.com/senky/phpbb-ext-simplewysiwyg and somehow integrate your code to it. :)
‎‏‏ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎‏‎‏‏‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‎‏‏‎‏‏‎🔔
brunoais

Post by brunoais »

Senky wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 7:23 am
brunoais wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:44 pm I can look for that branch so the code can be upgraded to the current needs.
That sounds exciting! Feel free to fork https://github.com/senky/phpbb-ext-simplewysiwyg and somehow integrate your code to it. :)
It is. Unfortunately, my life became full as in really full and I became unable to solve the quotes problem. There's a whole topic in area51 about it.
You can find all code here: https://github.com/phpbb/phpbb/compare/ ... e/SCEditor
For the most relevant code, see all files inside the directory phpBB/phpbb/bbcode I changed or created.
I'm available for any questions but I'm hardly available for any coding here due to my lack of free time (AKA life choices).
Edit: found the relevant topic: https://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopi ... &start=450
Senky
Former Team Member

Post by Senky »

Alright, thanks for the code, I will take a look.
Senky
Former Team Member

Re: [CDB] Simple WYSIWYG

Post by Senky »

First WYSIWYG editor in CDB is reality! 🥳

↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
phpBB Simple WYSIWYG
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Return to “Extensions in Development”