[3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad (for ebay/amazon/other supported links found in posts)

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Get Involved
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
Toxyy

[3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad (for ebay/amazon/other supported links found in posts)

Post by Toxyy »

Extension Name: Sticky Ad
Author: Toxyy

Extension Description: Parses the page's posts to see if there are any ebay/amazon/alibaba (and other supported) item links, and if so it shows them in a responsive sticky ad box. Meant to be used in conjunction with an existing script on your forum that auto changes ebay/amazon/alibaba links with your own monetized ones. If not then there's really no point in installing this.

Priority of ads: ebay > amazon > alibaba > aliexpress

Extension FAQ:
How does it work?
- I parse all posts to see if there are any ad links, and if so I get a partial mobile version of the site and cache the ad's data for 7 days. If a cache already exists I simply pull the ad info from that.

If you are having problems with the collapsing button and need to enable a jquery version of it, change STICKYAD_JAVASCRIPT to true at the bottom of listener.php

You're welcome to customize the css file, I didn't really clean that up at all.

As this was special ordered, I likely won't be adding ACP support for these unless a lot of people start using this, but I made it relatively easy to add it for yourself.

Extension Version: 1.0.2

Extension Download: Download

Github Repository: https://github.com/toxyy/stickyad/

Requirements:
  • phpBB 3.2.5-RC1+
  • PHP 7+ (probably works on php 5 though)
Features:
  • Supports ebay/amazon/alibaba links

Screenshots:
    (it's behind the page up button, if your site has one, for compatibility)

Last edited by Toxyy on Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a web developer/administrator, specializing in forums. If you have work you need done or are too lazy to do, pm me!

Some of my extensions:
[3.3][BETA] Post Form Templates || [3.3][BETA] Anonymous Posts || [3.2][3.3][BETA] ACP Merge Child Forums || [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad || [3.2][DEV] User Delete Topics || [3.3][DEV] Moderate While Searching || [3.3][RC] Short Number Twig Extension
olalavui
Name: Bui Thanh Tung

Re: [3.2][BETA] Sticky Ad (for ebay/amazon/other supported links found in posts)

Post by olalavui »

I think not good if is a affiliate forum :D

Return to “Extensions in Development”