Description:Adds a feature to receive posts via an email.
Extension Version: [RC] 2.1.0-RC1
Requirements: phpBB 3.2.7
- Controlled by a new user permission (Can send mail to post)
- User can select which forum their mail messages will be posted in - this can be overridden in ACP
- Mail messages can be retrieved either manually or via a Cron job
- All actions are written to a log file
- Messages can be moderated if required
- Added option to use a PIN when sending the mail new
- Added some basic checks for mail "spoofing" new
- An email address is required for sending the posts to - Gmail does work but can be awkward to set up.
- I recommend that a new user group is created with the permission to use this feature into which you can put the users that you want to use it - this makes "troublemakers" easy to remove.
- Download the latest release and unzip it.
- Upload the unzipped files to
root/ext/david63/mailtopostand enable it in the ACP
Extension Download: https://github.com/david63/mailtopost/archive/3.2.zip