[3.2][RC] Extension .yml check

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Scam Warning
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
VSE
Extensions Development Coordinator
Name: Matt Friedman

Re: [3.2][RC] Extension .yml check

Post by VSE » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:00 am

I just discovered something else that this extension should try to find in config.yml files!

Code: Select all

scope: prototype
This is used, for example, in notification classes. It was used in the version of Symfony that was used by phpBB 3.1.x

Symfony 2.8, which was used by phpBB 3.2.x, deprecated it, and added a newer replacement for it:

shared: false
Synfony 3, which is used in phpBB 3.3.x, has removed the deprecated scope/prototype syntax.

That means, any extensions that used the old scope syntax for phpBB 3.1 (and still worked in 3.2) will NOT work in 3.3, so this is another extension breaker that needs to be fixed for phpBB 3.3.

We made noise about this when 3.2.x was released, asking anyone using this to use the newer shared syntax. It's not a super common setting to be used by extensions, but there may be the odd old extension out there using the deprecated/removed scope syntax so good to be on the lookout for them by this extension.
Dictated but not read.
Official phpBB Extensions My Extensions & MODs
Please do not PM me for support.

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:41 pm

Does that mean we have to search scope: prototype and replace it with shared: false? Sorry for the inquiry, I am not a programmer, but I am using old extensions that are not supported any longer. If I can not repair that by myself I will lose them.
Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.

kasimi
Extension Customisations
Extension Customisations

Post by kasimi » Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:56 pm

You are correct, see here: https://symfony.com/blog/new-in-symfony ... d-services

Scanialady
Name: Annette

Post by Scanialady » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:02 pm

Thank you very much.
Webseite, Blog, Wiki Deutsche Übersetzungen - german language files
My 2 cents: Whether an extension is in the CDB says nothing about its quality. It is more important to read the support topics for it. Better to avoid authors who do not answer support questions themselves, who do not update their stuff, and who do not fix bugs for years.

david63
Name: David Wood

Post by david63 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:18 pm

Updated to RC5

Changes
  • Checks for "scope".
  • Added a comparison of the "original" file and the "re-formatted" file with the option to copy to clipboard.
  • Cosmetic changes.
David
Remember: You only know what you know and - you don't know what you don't know!
My CDB Contributions | How to install an extension
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.
No support requests via PM or email as they will be ignored

tofino

Post by tofino » Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Files are in the folder/ext but I get these debugs and no replacement code.

Just info.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 113: file_get_contents(./../ext/hammer663/convertlocalurltolinkname/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 114: file_get_contents(./../ext/hammer663/convertlocalurltolinkname/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 115: file_get_contents(./../ext/hammer663/convertlocalurltolinkname/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 116: file_get_contents(./../ext/hammer663/convertlocalurltolinkname/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 113: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/firstpostoneverypage/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 114: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/firstpostoneverypage/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 115: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/firstpostoneverypage/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 116: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/firstpostoneverypage/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 113: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/postsmerging/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 114: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/postsmerging/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 115: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/postsmerging/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 116: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/postsmerging/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 113: file_get_contents(./../ext/vse/topicimagepreview/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 114: file_get_contents(./../ext/vse/topicimagepreview/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 115: file_get_contents(./../ext/vse/topicimagepreview/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 116: file_get_contents(./../ext/vse/topicimagepreview/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_acp.php on line 138: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3365)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_acp.php on line 138: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3365)

warmweer

Post by warmweer » Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:34 am

tofino wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:19 pm

Just info.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 113: file_get_contents(./../ext/hammer663/convertlocalurltolinkname/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 116: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/firstpostoneverypage/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
Are the extensions uploaded to the correct place?

edit: corrected misconstructed quote
Last edited by warmweer on Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
The year is 2192. The British Prime Minister visits Brussels to ask for an extension of the Brexit deadline. No one remembers where this tradition originated, but every year it attracts many tourists from all over the world.

david63

Post by david63 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 8:48 am

warmweer wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 7:34 am
Are the extensions uploaded to the correct place?
That is not the problem.

I am looking at it but at the moment it looks as if it is a file access/permissions issue.
David
I will not be accepting translations for any of my extensions in Github - please post any translations in the appropriate topic.

david63

Post by david63 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:08 pm

tofino wrote:
Can you re-download it please and try again. I have added some error checking which may help identify the problem.
David

tofino

Post by tofino » Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:49 pm

david63 wrote:
Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:08 pm
tofino wrote:
Can you re-download it please and try again. I have added some error checking which may help identify the problem.
I am gathering you mean m download your ext again and try again?

I updated your ext it did fix some but not all.

Says the services folder is empty on these but it is not.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 120: file_get_contents(./../ext/hammer663/convertlocalurltolinkname/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 120: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/firstpostoneverypage/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 120: file_get_contents(./../ext/rxu/postsmerging/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/david63/extservicescheck/controller/admin_controller.php on line 120: file_get_contents(./../ext/vse/topicimagepreview/config/services.yml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory

VSE
Name: Matt Friedman

Post by VSE » Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:58 am

It's an extension name case issue.

rxu/FirstPostOnEveryPage...not...rxu/firstpostoneverypage
rxu/PostsMerging ...not...rxu/postsmerging
vse/TopicImagePreview ...not...vse/topicimagepreview
etc...

You shouldn't be changing the case on all the file names/paths, because they are not always all lower case.
Dictated but not read.
Official phpBB Extensions My Extensions & MODs
Please do not PM me for support.

david63

Post by david63 » Fri Nov 15, 2019 8:06 am

VSE wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:58 am
It's an extension name case issue.
You are right - it is.

Not sure why I changed them to lower case, probably seemed a "good idea at the time" - although I have a feeling that I read somewhere that with 3.3 they had to be lowercase, but I cannot recall where I saw it!
David

Return to “Extensions in Development”