[3.3][RC] Calendar Table View

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
martti

[3.3][RC] Calendar Table View

Post by martti »

Extension Name: Calendar Table View
Author: martti
Extension Description:
This phpBB extension provides a view page for the Calendar Extension Set
It's called "table view" because html tables are used. With this extension you can display a much more extended time period than the Calendar Month View extension.

Extension Version: 0.3.1
Requirements: When it's not possible for you to have PHP compiled with --enable-calendar (only in this case!) the PHP Ext Calendar extension might be a possible solution for you.

Extension Download: https://github.com/marttiphpbb/phpbb-ex ... master.zip The files are to be put into ext/marttiphpbb/calendartableview
Github repository: https://github.com/marttiphpbb/phpbb-ex ... rtableview
Languages: en
Templates: Prosilver
Demo Board: (In "Be Flower" style)
https://be-flower.martti.be/app.php/calendar/2022/5/30
Screenshots:

Calendar Page:

Menu Link

ACP Links

ACP Page Rendering

Last edited by martti on Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
martti

Re: [3.3][BETA] Calendar Table View

Post by martti »

New version 0.2.0 I did a bit of restyling of the calendar page. In general it's much lighter now which make it more clean and readable I believe.

This is the previous version (0.1.0):

This is the new version (0.2.0):

martti

Re: [3.3][RC] Calendar Table View

Post by martti »

New version 0.3.0
Got fixed: The "Links" editing panel in the ACP.

There is now a demo board that demonstrates the Calendar Table View and Calendar Month View and Calendar Inline View in the "Be Flower" Style.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

It seems it did not safe anything what I type in here:
Days offset from today for menu links 0
Days offset from event for tag links 7
Days offset for inline view links 0
The calendar link is shown to anyone, and not only logged-in users? I have the code for login check but all the links complete disappeared.

If your event has a longer title to display and appear on the right site of the calendar, it just jumps outside the forum frame because the long names not getting shorted as the name is longer as the display space inside the calendar.
Homepage: Terra Oceanica

Extension Developments:
PHPBB Games Solitaire, MChat Poker, MChat Black Jack, MChat Cards, MChat Trivia
PHPBB Special Effects, Mousepointers, X-Mas Themes and Designs for PBWoW Style.
Supported work: (**New Updated** UCP Sidebar), Tables, Hide, PBWow3 Style
martti

Post by martti »

Miri4ever wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:03 am It seems it did not safe anything what I type in here:
Days offset from today for menu links 0
Days offset from event for tag links 7
Days offset for inline view links 0
Aw, it's a bug. It wil be fixed soon!
Miri4ever wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:03 am The calendar link is shown to anyone, and not only logged-in users? I have the code for login check but all the links complete disappeared.
If the user can read topics in any forum then the calendar menu link is shown. If the user can't read topics in any forums, then there is no calendar link.
Miri4ever wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:03 am If your event has a longer title to display and appear on the right site of the calendar, it just jumps outside the forum frame because the long names not getting shorted as the name is longer as the display space inside the calendar.
That's not the case with me. What is your browser and version? Here is what I see in Firefox 101.0.1 for Ubuntu:
Image Image Image
martti

Post by martti »

martti wrote:
Miri4ever wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:03 am If your event has a longer title to display and appear on the right site of the calendar, it just jumps outside the forum frame because the long names not getting shorted as the name is longer as the display space inside the calendar.
That's not the case with me. What is your browser and version? Here is what I see in Firefox 101.0.1 for Ubuntu:
Image Image Image
These screenshots are actually the Calendar Table View in a variation of the Be Flower style, (demo) but the default style works equally well for me:
martti

Post by martti »

martti wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:54 am
Miri4ever wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:03 am It seems it did not safe anything what I type in here:

Aw, it's a bug. It wil be fixed soon!
This is fixed now in the new version 0.3.1
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

Thank you so much martti for the quick fix. :mrgreen:

Now I can move my current day more into the middle like on normal calendars instead of the far-left border. Is there a chance that the current day color is overwritten if the current day stay on a weekend? I see my weekend colors but not anymore this from the current day.

I use the same Firefox, and it's the best browser, with fewer problems on most pages. It might happen if the event stays at the last day of the row to jump over. Now I have some shorter titles doing the same. But yes, I used to slider to move a few months back.
Attachments
22.jpg

Extension Developments:
martti

Post by martti »

Miri4ever wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:23 am Thank you so much martti for the quick fix. :mrgreen:

Now I can move my current day more into the middle like on normal calendars instead of the far-left border. Is there a chance that the current day color is overwritten if the current day stay on a weekend? I see my weekend colors but not anymore this from the current day.

I use the same Firefox, and it's the best browser, with fewer problems on most pages. It might happen if the event stays at the last day of the row to jump over. Now I have some shorter titles doing the same. But yes, I used to slider to move a few months back.
So you use a different style. And so probably you made your own stylesheet for the calendar page? Have a look into the stylesheet how you can style the calendar page.

To avoid the text overflow, there is:

Code: Select all

div.calendartableview tr td.topic a {
	text-overflow: ellipsis;
	white-space: nowrap;
	overflow: hidden;
}
To style the "today" column (you could i.e choose a lighter color for the border):

Code: Select all

div.calendartableview col.today {
	border: 1px solid #444;
}
As you probably know, at "ACP > Extensions > Calendar Month View > Page Rendering > Stylesheet (at the bottom)" you can disable the default r alendar stylesheet and provide a link to your own stylesheet.
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

No, I don't use a different style. I just adjusted the colors for my dark prosilver theme. Everything is like inside your CSS File just with some borders and different color set. And be sure I would never ask you if I'm using an out of the bow own theming or modified your files extremely. Fair must be fair. I switched to the origin style of prosilver to show you. There is nothing changed it the system using your CSS file.

The only mistaken I made for myself adding a background color, the current day to better see him, but this is overwritten by weekend colors. I'm just doing now with the important! tag to see how it displays on weekends.

I was in mind the shorting happening over PHP and not over a simple CSS. This is inside your file and if using your color at my board and start to browse some weeks back it looks this kind of way. Is there a possible other extension may conflict this behaves?
Attachments
2022-06-20_203818.jpg
2022-06-20_221802.jpg

Extension Developments:
martti

Post by martti »

That is strange. I don't see in my development setup nor in my two installations online.
There is not much chance any other extension would interfere with it.
Does this text-overflow happen only at the end of the tables or also at the beginning?
Note: In order to try, you can manually select the starting date of the calendar in the URL-bar
I.e. change /calendar/2022/6/21 to /calendar/2022/6/20 to let it start a day earlier.
Miri4ever wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:52 pm ...
I was in mind the shorting happening over PHP and not over a simple CSS.
Is the overflow just text then it's a CSS mistake.
If the colspan attribute of the topic table cell td is too big (i.e it's 3 when it should only span 2 columns) then it's something in PHP.
Does the item that overflows not appear in the next table? (Then it's something in PHP)
What is your PHP version?
Miri4ever

Post by Miri4ever »

I use PHP 8.1.3 and the Event is display at the next line yes, but if there are only 2 days to display the text running into the next following days. If there are 3 days space for the ending event, it’s fine.

All the texts in full length, no shortening happens anywhere. No matter if testing on basic style or not.

And the calendar still display even for guests when logged out. I try to remove the link with login user check, but then the event not display anymore even if logged in.

Extension Developments:
martti

Post by martti »

Miri4ever wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 2:21 pm I use PHP 8.1.3 and the Event is display at the next line yes, but if there are only 2 days to display the text running into the next following days. If there are 3 days space for the ending event, it’s fine.

All the texts in full length, no shortening happens anywhere. No matter if testing on basic style or not.

And the calendar still display even for guests when logged out. I try to remove the link with login user check, but then the event not display anymore even if logged in.
I can't really tell why this is happening in your case atm.

Return to “Extensions in Development”