Version 0.6.0 contains an error which results in an AJAX error message during enabling and, if it works afterwards, possibly in error messages if users try to set their data in the UCP. I've corrected this with version 0.6.1 which is available through the download link in the initial post.
Everybody who experienced this error message and wasn't able to enable the extension is only a few steps away from a working usermap. Just delete the extension data within the ACP, purge the cache, replace all extension files with those in the download package, enable it and you should be set.
Everybody using version 0.5.x and wishes to update can use the way described within the ACP.
Everybody who got version 0.6.0 working (there should be at least a few since it worked within my test environment) and wants to update and keep the user data (otherwise your users have to fill in their profile data again) should follow this description:
1. Set your board into maintenance mode and back up your data base
2. If it isn't already disable the usermap
3. Using phpMyAdmin (or something similar)
- copy 'mot_usermap_doublesarray' into 'mot_usermap_doublesarray_bak' in the table 'phpbb_config_text' (perhaps you have to adjust to your table prefix)
- copy the table 'phpbb_usermap_users' into 'phpbb_usermap_users_bak' through the 'operations' tab
4. Within the ACP delete the data of the extension
5. Check by using phpMyAdmin whether you have any lines containing '..._usermap_...' in the table 'phpbb_config_text' except your copy of
'mot_usermap_doublesarray_bak', if yes delete those
6. Purge the cache
7. Replace all files of Usermap with those of the download package of version 0.6.1
8. Enable Usermap ver. 0.6.1 in the ACP (if you don't see version 0.6.1 refresh the page)
9. Using phpMyAdmin
- delete the empty line 'mot_usermap_doublesarray' in table 'phpbb_config_text'
- rename 'mot_usermap_doublesaray_bak' into 'mot_usermap_doublesarray'
- delete table 'phpbb_usermap_users'
- rename table 'phpbb_usermap_user_bak' into 'phpbb_usermap_users'
10. Upload the file 'mot_fill_profiledata.php' (Link
) after downloading and unzipping it into the root directory of your board
11. Edit lines 6 - 9 and if applicable 10 (if you changed your table prefix) of 'mot_fill_profiledata.php' according to the values of your
12. Run the script through 'yourboard/mot_fill_profiledata.php'
13.Using phpMyAdmin check whether columns 'pf_mot_zip' and 'pf_mot_land' in table 'phpbb_profile_fields_data' contain your users data
if they are in the Usermap (which should be the case if you have not experienced an error message)
14. Delete 'mot_fill_profiledata.php' from the root directory of your board (IMPORTANT!!!)
You and your users should now enjoy a working usermap without error messages.