[3.3][RC] No quote last post

A place for Extension Authors to post and receive feedback on Extensions still in development. No Extensions within this forum should be used within a live environment!
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
READ: phpBB.com Board-Wide Rules and Regulations

IMPORTANT: Extensions Development rules

IMPORTANT FOR NEEDED EVENTS!!!
If you need an event for your extension please read this for the steps to follow to request the event(s)
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member
Name: Rich McGirr

[3.3][RC] No quote last post

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Extension Name: No quote last post
Extension Description: phpBB extension that will not allow the quoting of the last post in a topic. An extension originally developed by Tojag.

Requirements: phpBB 3.3.x:
Languages: en
Styles: All
github repository: https://github.com/rmcgirr83/nqlp

I've tested this extension with phpBB 3.3.1 under PHP 7.4.0. The one currently validated replaces html in prosilver which causes conflicts with other extensions that are using template events. This one simply uses PHP events. No html files are needed.

To test, download the github repo, extract the files into ext/tojag/nqlp enable the extension in the ACP. No one will be able to quote the last post in a topic.
viewtopic_last_post.PNG
not_allowed.PNG
not_allowed.PNG (3.29 KiB) Viewed 748 times
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
Appreciate the extensions/mods/support then buy me a beerImage
ViolaF

Re: [3.3][RC] No quote last post

Post by ViolaF »

Thanks for this one :D
pierredu

Post by pierredu »

Fine extension. Thanks.
pierredu

Post by pierredu »

I installed the extension and I get following notice message :
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file [ROOT]/ext/tojag/nqlp/event/main_listener.php on line 91: Undefined index: topic_last_post_id

This is only a notice, but anyway.
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

Whoops, missed that last post id doesn't yet exist for a brand new topic. Extension has been updated on github. Just overwrite the listener file and that will fix that.
Former Modifications/Extensions Team Member | My extensions | github | All requests for support via PM will be ignored
pierredu

Post by pierredu »

Thanks.
whilechris

Post by whilechris »

Hello. I really liked the extension and it works very well

Although I have a question: Is it bad to quote the last answer? Maybe I don't know much of forums but I think with this extension gives the feeling that making quote to the last answer is something bad or something like that. I say it without intention of being rude, it is only curiosity because I have never seen a forum (forums i visited), whatever the software, that does not allow this to be done

Good job and keep it up!
Bermudez
Name: Juan Antonio

Post by Bermudez »

Installed and working properly.
Thank you very much!!
RMcGirr83
Former Team Member

Post by RMcGirr83 »

whilechris wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:49 pm
Although I have a question: Is it bad to quote the last answer? Maybe I don't know much of forums but I think with this extension gives the feeling that making quote to the last answer is something bad or something like that.
No idea, doesn't bother me in the least. Only reason I wrote up this extension was the one currently in the extension database was causing issues with phpBB template events (replacing them instead of using phpBB PHP events) which caused an issue with one of my extensions...and was unfixable without uninstalling the extension. So a different, and I think better, way to "skin a cat" so to speak.

Return to “Extensions in Development”