[ABD] phpBB Topic/Post Reactions, Thanks, Like

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
wollastoni

Re: [3.3][DEV] phpBB Topic/Post Reactions (👍🥰🤣)

Post by wollastoni »

Perfect it works fine !

Is there a way to change the colour of the red circle (the counter of reactions) at the right of each reactions ?
In red, it is far too visible and the red colour is not so positive on a forum... so it's strange to use it for like counts.
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Post by Steve »

All counts will, can be disabled in the next version. As for the badge(circle) that can be disabled also.
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
wollastoni

Post by wollastoni »

Cool.
Any idea when the new version will be released ?
Steve

Post by Steve »

Next release will be in 2024, I like to go missing for a couple of years after releasing another two versions 🤣
I can’t put a time scale on the next version all I can say is I’m working on the next version.
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
bennybernaer

Post by bennybernaer »

Steve wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:55 pm Next release will be in 2024, I like to go missing for a couple of years after releasing another two versions 🤣
I can’t put a time scale on the next version all I can say is I’m working on the next version.
If you can still delete the emoij via acp, this is enough for me. I don't think much should change. Excellent work Steve!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Just disable for now. The code is old and needs some work.
Lyndka

Post by Lyndka »

@Steve - love the extension, been looking for this for ages, however there's one with an awkward question - today it's me :D

I used a Prosilver theme called Metro Blue (it's bigger and blockier so makes things more legible for some of my users) - I copied across the theme files in to the folders used by your extension (got caught with similar before) and your extension initialises and works - fab :)

I have a slight cosmetic issue though - with the reaction button...
One awkward.jpg
I've had a look at the CSS for your extension but can't see where the coloured background is encoded for the icon (it needs to be just white so it merges with the post background). Can you tell me where to look - it should be just a hex triplet or is it in the page code for the extension?

Sorry to be a pain (the story of my life my mother tells me!!!) :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

You’d have to link me to your theme download. For me to help.
Lyndka

Post by Lyndka »

Last edited by HiFiKabin on Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Offer to share files illegally deleted
Steve

Post by Steve »

I don’t support paid for styles. Other wise I’d ask for you to pay for this extension. You can find 100s upon 100s of free styles in CDB.
Lyndka

Post by Lyndka »

OK no worries - I'll delete the extension, that'll stop me mithering about the icon.
Steve

Post by Steve »

You could always ask the style author too download the extension and create a style folder for your style, but he will be in for a shock when I update this extension … numerous times over the next few months.
GTI
Name: Laura

Post by GTI »

Lyndka wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:46 pm OK no worries - I'll delete the extension, that'll stop me mithering about the icon.
@Lyndka

Just add this to the bottom of your metro.css style sheet in your Metro Blue style folder,

Code: Select all

.reaction-button-show .button {
	background-color: transparent;
	color: #8F8F8F;
}

.reaction-button-show .button:hover {
	background-color: #F2F2F2;
	border-color: #E4E4E4;
}
The hover one may need tweaking but it's a starting point.
Last edited by DavidIQ on Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed some off-topic info
Most of us will enjoy Christmas in the comfort of our own homes this year, however, sadly, that can't be said for people in the Ukraine who are suffering day after day, due to the Russian invasion.

If you would like to make a small donation to help Ukrainians in their time of need, you can donate to help all Ukrainians via BritishRedCross or you can donate to help the Ukrainian children via Unicef. 🇺🇦 Thank You 🇺🇦
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Post by 3Di »

GTI wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:56 pm
As I would have said in our topics, leave the support to experienced authors and code writers.
None of us feel it is right and proper to give support for paid styles. Show respect, please. :)
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Post by DavidIQ »

I understand you might not like paid styles, but they exist and there's no rules being broken when someone brings one up. So I'd like to make the following suggestion for such cases:

We have a Custom Coding forum where you can refer these users to whenever they come up. I think this should satisfy your personal decision to not support these styles while not pushing your interested testers/users completely away. And if you really want us to we can also split off any replies to such requests, such as the above, into said forum. The drawback of that is, of course, that you'd be subscribed to the other topic as well.

We could also add this guidance to the Extensions in Development forum rules so there is something in place to follow in the future.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”