[ABD] phpBB Topic/Post Reactions, Thanks, Like

Any abandoned Extensions will be moved to this forum.

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported or maintained by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
Forum rules
IMPORTANT: Extension Development Forum rules

WARNING: Extensions in this forum are not currently being supported nor updated by the original Extension author. Proceed at your own risk.
3Di
I've Been Banned!
Name: Marco

Re: [3.3][DEV] phpBB Topic/Post Reactions (👍🥰🤣)

Post by 3Di »

DavidIQ wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:58 am I understand you might not like paid styles, but they exist and there's no rules being broken when someone brings one up. So I'd like to make the following suggestion for such cases:

We have a Custom Coding forum where you can refer these users to whenever they come up. I think this should satisfy your personal decision to not support these styles while not pushing your interested testers/users completely away. And if you really want us to we can also split off any replies to such requests, such as the above, into said forum. The drawback of that is, of course, that you'd be subscribed to the other topic as well.

We could also add this guidance to the Extensions in Development forum rules so there is something in place to follow in the future.
^^ This seems a very good reaction in this case, good. Appreciated, by my side.
🆓 Free support for our extensions also provided here: phpBB Studio
🚀 Looking for a specific feature or alternative option? We will rock you!
Please PM me only to request paid works. Thx. Buy me a coffee -> Image
My development's activity º PhpStorm's proud user º Extensions, Scripts, MOD porting, Update/Upgrades
Steve
Name: Steven Clark

Re: [3.3][DEV] phpBB Topic/Post Reactions (👍🥰🤣)

Post by Steve »

I forgot to press send this afternoon, I’ve updated the requirements of the extension. Please remove /split and delete any un related posts. Thank you.
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
- I drank that today++ :lol: 🍺
Steve

Re: [3.3][DEV] phpBB Topic/Post Reactions Reactions, Thanks, Like

Post by Steve »

1st post updated with new download.

Version 0.9.0-dev
  • Fixed, changing reaction title/name group by condition.
  • Performance enhancements.
  • Multiple other bug fixes.
  • Re-enabled deleting reaction.
  • Added % to view Reactions page and ACP.
  • Removed EmojiOne.
  • Added https://twemoji.twitter.com/ to support the built-in phpBB emojis, to retain the same emoji theme.
  • No data will be lost with the change of images.
  • As requested, created a Thank/Like button. Please read, Enable the Thanks/Like button
------------------------------

This is the last call for requests, in version 0.9.5-dev, I will be getting this extension ready for validation ...
@ The Chief Medical Officers guideline for men is that: You are safest not to drink regularly more than 14 units per week.
bennybernaer

Re: [3.3][DEV] phpBB Topic/Post Reactions, Thanks, Like

Post by bennybernaer »

Awesome Steve!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Reaction: Thanks BennyBoy! 🤣
Steve

Post by Steve »

There was a small bug found in version 0.9.0. It does not warrant a new release. As version 0.9.5-dev is around the corner.(2 years time)
Just follow these steps.
Disable post reactions
Upload the new files
Enable post reactions

Download is in the 1st post.

Thanks Benny.
eunaumtenhoid

Post by eunaumtenhoid »

Steve wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:33 pm 1st post updated with new download.

Version 0.9.0-dev
  • Removed EmojiOne.
  • Added https://twemoji.twitter.com/ to support the built-in phpBB emojis, to retain the same emoji theme.
  • As requested, created a Thank/Like button. Please read, Enable the Thanks/Like button

This is the last call for requests, in version 0.9.5-dev, I will be getting this extension ready for validation ...
my requests:
would it be possible to add a small reputation system for the reactions? e.g. receiving positive feedback gains xx reputation points, receiving negative feedback loses x reputation points like >> viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2619431
My translations of the extensions for Brazilian Portuguese
https://github.com/phpBBTraducoes
Steve

Post by Steve »

Extremely easy todo, let me get this right.
You have positive reaction.
You have Negative reaction.

All you need is two reaction types enabled, statistics are included 0.9.5.(optional)

I’ve already added a bump option in version 0.9.5 that allows, user to re-react to a post, more than once if the post is bumped.

It could be isolated to one reaction. Or changed.
Dark❶
Name: Dark❶ [dark1]

Post by Dark❶ »

Hi ! Steve,

Found a bug on Windows system,
for version 0.9.0-dev,
in file reaction\reaction_types.php

Code: Select all

public function reactions_image_path()
{
	return $this->path_helper->get_web_root_path() . $this->config['reactions_image_path'] . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR;
}
the DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR should be '/',
else it gives JavaScript invalid token error.

I also have 2 feature requests:
  1. Ability to move the reaction dropdown from top to bottom, (ACP radio button Yes/No), check below image:
  2. Turn the reaction view page from opening a new window to a custom modal(https://getbootstrap.com/docs/4.0/components/modal/), check below image:
Thanks for this extension 😍

Best regards :+1:
Dark❶ [dark1]
Steve

Post by Steve »

Could you post what the browser console error was? I’ve changed the separator back to ‘/‘

I’ve already added an option to move the reaction button in 0.9.5, please see : viewtopic.php?t=2620506

Creating a modal is easy, but it requires more than just a pop up. I will look into it. I personally think the pop up window is annoying. I’ve just never had a request to change it.
Dark❶

Post by Dark❶ »

Steve wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:16 pm Could you post what the browser console error was? I’ve changed the separator back to ‘/‘
Here is the collated image of error:
Steve wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:16 pm ...
I’ve already added an option to move the reaction button in 0.9.5, please see : viewtopic.php?t=2620506
oh! ok, nice.
Steve wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 3:16 pm ...
Creating a modal is easy, but it requires more than just a pop up. I will look into it. I personally think the pop up window is annoying. I’ve just never had a request to change it.
You can make a hidden template modal in footer,
then use AJAX to fill it up using the data from same popup window.
Thanks for considering my requests.

Dark❶ [dark1]
Steve

Post by Steve »

Can you send me a link to your forum(pm if private) I want to check something else whilst on the Mac.

Thanks.
Steve

Post by Steve »

eunaumtenhoid wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:46 pm
My requests:
would it be possible to add a small reputation system for the reactions? e.g. receiving positive feedback gains xx reputation points, receiving negative feedback loses x reputation points like >> viewtopic.php?f=456&t=2619431

I decided against this, but I will offer DanielTj some help developing his extension, if he wants some help. It generally doesn't make sense to keep adding to my "reactions", when an image is the point of the extension. The same goes with the thanks option, that will be split into another extension.
Dark❶

Post by Dark❶ »

Steve wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:18 pm Can you send me a link to your forum(pm if private) I want to check something else whilst on the Mac.
This is not a live forum, but on local via WAMP on Windows OS.

Do you need any other details ?

FYKI , the DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR is for file system, not for URL, the URL should always have /.

Dark❶ [dark1]
danieltj
Name: Daniel James

Post by danieltj »

eunaumtenhoid wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 1:46 pm
Steve wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:33 pm 1st post updated with new download.

Version 0.9.0-dev
  • Removed EmojiOne.

my requests:
Steve wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:41 pm [quote=eunaumtenhoid post_id=15846566 time=<a href="tel:1652190397">1652190397</a> user_id=1002905]

My requests:

I decided against this, but I will offer DanielTj some help developing his extension, if he wants some help. It generally doesn't make sense to keep adding to my "reactions", when an image is the point of the extension. The same goes with the thanks option, that will be split into another extension.
[/quote]

I don’t really understand what is being requested here to be honest. Do you mean being able to decide how much ‘rep/score’ is given per like or dislike?

Either way, my extension is more for me and my own forum. I’m not really working on phpBB much anyway (can’t be bothered), so please don’t have hopes much will change any time soon.

Return to “Abandoned Extensions”