Problems Deleting Topics

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
R7i1c3K

Problems Deleting Topics

Post by R7i1c3K »

Hello, all.

I just converted from phpBB 2.0.22 to 3.0 tonight. Everything transferred over, but I'm having a major problem. I can't get topics to delete. I've set full permissions, forum permissions, I've added myself into Global Moderators, thinking that may have solved the problem, but no...

I really don't understand what's going on. Every time I attempt to delete a topic, it just says:

"Sorry but you can only delete your own posts."

I've checked to make sure I have permissions in all forums, which I do. Am I doing something wrong? Neither myself or any of my moderators are able to lock/delete/move anything. Whenever we use the Mod Quicktools at the bottom, it asks for confirmation, I click YES, and it goes right back to the topic (still there, with nothing changed).

I don't know if it matters or not, but I'm also using ExtremeDark Red theme, too.
Jaymie1989
Name: Jaymie

Re: Problems Deleting Topics

Post by Jaymie1989 »

Its ok setting the forum permissions but you need to set the groups forum based permissions
Dear creators of Sesame Street,
Kids are still fat. Can I come back now?
Sincerely, Cookie Monster.

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services
R7i1c3K

Post by R7i1c3K »

I've done that, and it's showing my name and green for all permissions/actions under forum-based permissions.

I've also noticed that even though I've added the other mods to Global Moderators, they're not showing up when I click Global Moderators at the bottom of the main index. Is this normal?
Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 »

Did you tick the box on the settings to show it on legend?

With your permission check this
ACP > Permissions > Permission masks > View forums based permissions > Select all the forums > Look up the users permissions for your group (Admin) and see if they are all green

View my MODs - Need phpBB help with MODs and Styles? Take a look at my phpBB3 services
R7i1c3K

Post by R7i1c3K »

Jaymie1989 wrote:Did you tick the box on the settings to show it on legend?

With your permission check this
ACP > Permissions > Permission masks > View forums based permissions > Select all the forums > Look up the users permissions for your group (Admin) and see if they are all green
I've just done what you said, and yes - everything is green on every forum, for both the Administrators and Global Moderators group.

...and, I still can't delete *any* topic.

When I click a topic, then at bottom, I go to Quick-Mod Tools > Delete Topic > GO, then confirm by clicking "YES BUTTON" (problem with the theme, I guess), I get no errors or anything, it just goes right back to the topic, undeleted.

At the bottom of the screen, in the lower left-hand side, it says:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You can edit your posts in this forum
You can delete your posts in this forum
Shouldn't it say a lot more? The old phpBB 2.0 install had probably double that.
Jaymie1989

Post by Jaymie1989 »

Well im stumped. Sorry. :?

I think its just best and wait for a support team member to shed some light on this.

R7i1c3K

Post by R7i1c3K »

Found a solution: I changed to a different style. The ExtremeDark Red style has a flaw that prevents the ModCP from working.

Thanks for all your help!
spacial

Post by spacial »

please, can you tell us which part of file we need to change

Thanks

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”