Missing Email Button

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Charles L. Cotton

Missing Email Button

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I have searched for this issue, but I can't find an answer to this problem.

The "Email" button is missing from all members' profiles, even when the member has authorized members to contact them by email. Administrator and Moderators can see the "Email" button and it works.

I've searched the ACP and I cannot find an email setting, other than the one that deals with either letting members send email through the board, or allowing them to see a member's email address. The specific setting is "Users send e-mail via board:" I can't find anything else that would override a member's profile that allows other members to send them emails

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chas.

rhythm1

Re: Missing Email Button

Post by rhythm1 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:I can't find anything else that would override a member's profile that allows other members to send them emails
Isnt that kind of rude? Members can set whether they want to be contacted or not in UCP >> board preferences

But if you want to force these settings on them through the ACP:
ACP >> users and groups >> Enter user name >> From top drop down menu >> preferences >> Change settings.

For doing this in a larger scale, you ll need to change them in the database directly.
`Rhythm
I 'd rather live in a world with PHPBB
Where we stand and where we siT - Shit is bound to be always therE

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”