Unknown column 'is_dynamic' in 'where clause' [1054]

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
rAdic

Post by rAdic »

Hi, I moved my forum to a new host and I uploaded a backup using the "Import" feature in MyPhpAdmin. Now I get this error:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
This is using the latest release and you can see the error here: http://www.cell-phone-forum.com/
The Australian Forums - Australia Discussion Forum - Discuss Australia topics or generally anything

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Unknown column 'is_dynamic' in 'where clause' [1054]

Post by karlsemple »

Is the database version you are restoring into the same as the version the backup was made from?

rAdic

Post by rAdic »

karlsemple wrote:Is the database version you are restoring into the same as the version the backup was made from?
I'm not too sure what the version was on the old server but it says this at the start of the SQL: Server version 5.0.24a

On the new host it says this in Cpanel:
MySQL version 5.0.45-community

If these are different then what can I do?
The Australian Forums - Australia Discussion Forum - Discuss Australia topics or generally anything

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

How did you make the backup file? Can you give me a step by step of how you made the backup and what settings you selected?

rAdic

Post by rAdic »

I never backed it up, it came from my old hosting company (Dreamhost), they sent me the database after I requested it.

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

rAdic wrote:I never backed it up, it came from my old hosting company (Dreamhost), they sent me the backup after I requested it.

How large is this database backup? I am wondering if I could see it, Seens as you do not know how it was made it is very hard to advise you what to do, it is obvious the backup is wrong in some way, likely they either made the backup with support for older database or something along those lines.....of course I am assuming that the backup is complete in the first place.

rAdic

Post by rAdic »

it is 500kbs gzipped, can i email it to you?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

rAdic wrote:it is 500kbs gzipped, can i email it to you?

sure, karlsemple@phpbb.com

rAdic

Post by rAdic »

ahh, I found the problem, I had not deleted the old phpbb tables as the new ones were named phpbb3 and the config file was looking for phpbb. Now I have some other issues but I hope t sort those out if not I will post here, thanks.

rAdic

Post by rAdic »

now I have lost the admin password and the lost password feature doesn't work!

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

rAdic wrote:now I have lost the admin password and the lost password feature doesn't work!
Are you using a different style?

Is the database you have restored from the same version of phpBB3 as you are using now?

rAdic

Post by rAdic »

karlsemple wrote:
rAdic wrote:now I have lost the admin password and the lost password feature doesn't work!
Are you using a different style?

Is the database you have restored from the same version of phpBB3 as you are using now?
Yes it is using "fisubice2", I also ran a file called "reset_style.php" and a file called "clear.php" then cleared the cahce by ftp but it still shows that style. I'm not sure, the old host had 5 running and the new one is 5 as well , does it have to be a certain revision?

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Post by karlsemple »

I said the version of phpBB not php, Start by uploading the install folder from one of the update packages and running the /install/database_update.php file via your browser to make sure the restored database matches the phpBB3 file version.

rAdic

Post by rAdic »

karlsemple wrote:I said the version of phpBB not php, Start by uploading the install folder from one of the update packages and running the /install/database_update.php file via your browser to make sure the restored database matches the phpBB3 file version.
Thanks a lot, yes I was about to try that too, it now works ;)

delphes

Post by delphes »

Hello friends,

i have the same problem with my phpbb3 :? what is the reason of this error message please ?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”