Recomended Updrade path?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
kyle1745

Recomended Updrade path?

Post by kyle1745 » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:38 am

Since migrating to 3.0 I have yet to see something like easy mod that was around for the 2.0 versions. What methods have others used to upgrade to 3.01 with the lack of a automated method. From what I can tell it seems the manual method is about the only way to go on a site with some mods.

Ideas? Any more word on if Easy Mod will return?

Thanks,
Kyle

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: Recomended Updrade path?

Post by karlsemple » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:56 am

A auto mod installer such as easy mod is in development for phpBB3 however I fail to see why you claim there is not automatic update procedure for phpBB3 when when of the update packages is called...and I quote
[ Automatic Update Packages (0/1-RC1 to 3.0.1) ]
;) This is a method of updating which will apply changes to the files automatically and only need human intervention if conflicts are found in the same way easymod would have when installing some mods

kyle1745

Re: Recomended Updrade path?

Post by kyle1745 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:10 pm

Custom theme and multiple mods im sure will run havoc with the auto updater. Easy mod was nice as it would show you what it could or could not update prior to doing anything. This allowed you to work through any issues before changing anything and quickly identified any mod conflicts.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”