posting errors

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
szarin

posting errors

Post by szarin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:53 am

I quickly scanned the FAQ's and did not see this listed, i hope i am posting this in the right area.

I tried to post a comment on my board and got the following error message.

" Return to the index page
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xC2\x92re r...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.

Please notify the board administrator or webmaster: noreply@scarreddreams.net "

I have no idea what it means. i just started using phpBB a couple of days ago and havent had any problems. i logged out, and logged back in with the user trying to post it. They have the correct permissions, i have made numerous posts with the user. anyone have any ideas? thanks.

szarin

Re: posting errors

Post by szarin » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:58 am

after editting the orginal post i determined there was a problem with some content inside the this post that caused it to give that error....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a recent forum posting by Brad McQuaid....

"You’re right, you won’t get much of an answer because it’s simply too early to talk about unannounced titles or products that ‘might’ happen. What I can say is this: we think EverQuest has a very bright future ahead of it and we intend to turn the game and the world into a franchise – in other words, we are very committed to EverQuest for the long term."

I dunno. Franchise is a pretty scary word. What if someone worse than Verant is managing the server farm?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

something inside this post is causing the error. does anyone have any suggestions? thx

karlsemple
Former Team Member

Re: posting errors

Post by karlsemple » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:00 am

What is the table collation of the posts table in the database and of the post_text column in that table, phpmyadmin will show you this info

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”