Who receives the regsitration emails?

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Grimmjow

Who receives the regsitration emails?

Post by Grimmjow »

I set up the registration on Administrators, so the admins receive the email notification when an user registers.

Ok. It works with the default "admin" user I created during installation.

But what are the minimum steps I must follow if I want to let another registered user to be promoted admin and to be ablo to receive the email?

I see a bit of confusion about this. At first I did:

ACP > Permissions > Administators , and put the user into the textarea on the left ( "Users" )

But the user didn' receive the emails.

So I went to User management > Find User, found the user, selected, choose Groups in the select box and added the user to "Administrators" group, and "Global Moderators" group. I wasn't sure it was enough, so I also selected "Levels" on the select box, and given the user the level of "Administrator".

But now maybe I've given too much power to the user (that I trust, but who never knows), so what is the minimum I have to do to let an user to be able to manage new user regsitrations (receive emails, enable them, etc)

Thanks so much for any help.
CSS colorizer, a script to automatically change colors inside a cascading style sheet.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Re: Who receives the regsitration emails?

Post by Brf »

The new admin would have to have "can manage users" Admin permission
Grimmjow

Post by Grimmjow »

Ok, but what if I simply add the admin to the Administrators group? Does he automatically obtain such permission?
CSS colorizer, a script to automatically change colors inside a cascading style sheet.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

Yes, assuming the Administrators group still has that permission.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”