unable to download file updating from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
naive

unable to download file updating from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2

Post by naive » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:49 am

1. unbuntu 8.0.4 server
2. automatic update package 3.0.1 to 3.0.2
3. update by downloading update files, not by ftp

Everything went well until I failed to download the update-file. I got the following error messages.

With .zip file:
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/update/new/includes/functions_compress.php on line 396: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/update/new/includes/functions_compress.php on line 453: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/update/new/includes/functions_compress.php on line 454: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /install/update/new/includes/functions_compress.php on line 455: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:2956)
With tar.gz file:
{ ADMIN_PANEL }

{ ADMIN_INDEX } ‧ 討論區首頁

跳到內容

{ LOGGED_IN_AS }
[ 登出 ]

系統訊息

Unable to open file ./../store/update_3.0.1_to_3.0.2_1215829499_e8269ca44c40e615.tar.gz [gzopen - wb]
I guessed the problem came from the permission of directory of store. I changed that directory to 777 and completed the update successfully.

PS: the automatic update package contains two directories, install and intsall, with the same contents inside.

Luchtzak

Re: unable to download file updating from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2

Post by Luchtzak » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:58 pm

I would remove my install folder from my board, redownload the automatic update package from www.phpbb.com/downloads and upload it again. That intsall folder doesn't look good either, remove it and start all over again!

How about a ftp upload directly to the correct place? Took me less than 10 minutes to upgrade.

naive

Re: unable to download file updating from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2

Post by naive » Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:26 pm

Luchtzak wrote:I would remove my install folder from my board, redownload the automatic update package from http://www.phpbb.com/downloads and upload it again. That intsall folder doesn't look good either, remove it and start all over again!

How about a ftp upload directly to the correct place? Took me less than 10 minutes to upgrade.
Thank you, Luchtzak. I did start all over again and everything is OK now.
The forum is placed over my home server, so I can handle the files easily.

By the way, I failed to download the file either in zip or tar.gz format updating form 3.0.2 to 3.0.3 today. Some errors appeared. It finally turned out to be the permission issue of the folder of STORE from my ubuntu server. Changing the permission to 777 for the folder STORE solved the problem.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”