Allow Moderaters to Add Users

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
undoIT

Allow Moderaters to Add Users

Post by undoIT » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:06 am

I am setting up a phpBB site that will have private forums. Members will be able to request their own private forum on the site and if approved will be assigned as group leader and moderator for their forum. As moderator, they will have the ability to add users to their own forum. I don't want them to be able to globally manage users, but only add users to their forum. Is this possible? I don't see any permissions to enable adding users for the moderator roles.

Nick**

Re: Allow Moderaters to Add Users

Post by Nick** » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:16 am

ACP>Permissions>(Very Bottom)Forum Based Permission

Is that what you need? You can make a person admin of the forum, with the ability to modify only that forum

undoIT

Re: Allow Moderaters to Add Users

Post by undoIT » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:04 am

Aha. I think I found what I am looking for. Rather than giving each group leader admin permissions, I can set the group to "Request" so that other users can ask to be added to the group. Perhaps group leaders can send the url to the group via email to any friends they want to have join the group for access to the forums.

A couple more questions, is it possible to list all of the groups with group avatars so that guests can view the list?

Is it possible to display group avatars and/or avatars in the member list?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”