Disabling word censors by forum or category

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Shanti

Disabling word censors by forum or category

Post by Shanti »

I'm sure this is something simple and I can't find it because I'm not totally familiar with the 3.0 ACP yet, but can anyone direct me on the way to disable the word censor in specific forums? Is it possible to disable it for an entire category at once?

Thanks! :)
Shanti
It is better to light one candle...
http://www.RealmsofKaos.com
Shanti

Re: Disabling word censors by forum or category

Post by Shanti »

Does anyone have any information on this? Am I mistaken that the word censor can be applied to some forums but not all?
Shanti
Shanti

Post by Shanti »

I don't think I've ever had a post go completely unanswered before...I won't top this again if I still don't get a reply to this post, but this is really disheartening. :(
Shanti
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

As far as I know, there is no way. It is a board-wide setting, which users can disable board-wide in their Profiles. To do otherwise would require a MOD.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
gussie

Post by gussie »

Is there a way to make the Word Censor ignore certain words when creating links?

We use our word censor to correct romanization of Chinese names. So we automatically change names like Chengchi into it's proper Hanyu Pinyin spelling (Zhengzhi). However, since the word censor also affects links, people will not be able to reach websites like www.chengchi.com.tw (just an example) or en.wikipedia.com/wiki/chengchi (a better example)

Our website is based in and on Taiwan, where standard romanization has only recently become government policy. This policy adopts Hanyu Pinyin, which was originally developed in Mainland China and (some would argue) was blocked from use in Taiwan for political reasons. Indeed, the previous government went so far as to commission a competitive Chinese romanization system called Tongyang Pinyin

Since there was no standard romanization in Taiwan until recently, the spelling of Chinese words tends to be colorful and myriad, and ultimately a havoc for when giving directions to someone. My partner actually met with the country manager for Google Taiwan and suggested that Google Maps finally standardize on Hanyu Pinyin.

We actually do not use the word censor for censorship, we use it for proper spelling :!:
Res tantum valet quantum vendi potest
Do not hire Christian Bullock - he will not finish the job and he will not return your money.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Am I missing a phpbb support question in there?
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
gussie

Post by gussie »

Yep, right at the top
gussie wrote:Is there a way to make the Word Censor ignore certain words when creating links?
Res tantum valet quantum vendi potest
Do not hire Christian Bullock - he will not finish the job and he will not return your money.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”