few questions ????

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Suggested Hosts
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
picdome

few questions ????

Post by picdome »

hello i need some help ..am new with phpbb

1, i found in some phpbb forum that ...html is workin in that (ex .a user can post youtube videos by pasting the embed code in post ..(i know there is other ways to add youtube videos ..) so how it is done ??? !!

2, can i make the posting window just like v bulletins .. (when clicked on the image button a new small window asking for image link ..and image is included in the post ) and mostly live preview also available in post i think .. bb code is not showed ...

3, is there any way to increase the width of forum according to the width of posted picture .. i see this is phpbb forum also ..

4, default. flash bbcode need dimension details .. is there any way to avoid that ...post flash just like pictures ...
MalluYouTube.comDesi Youtube For Desi People

Ddraiggoch06

Re: few questions ????

Post by Ddraiggoch06 »

1. phpBB2 supports HTML in posts, but phpBB3 doesn't for security reasons. You can use custom BBCodes instead, a much safer alternative. http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopi ... 6&t=579376

2. That is not possible without a WYSIWYG editor MOD. Try searching the database for one.

3. If a picture is too large, it will stretch the forum automatically to fit it.

4. Flash does require dimensions most of the time, but you could give a custom BBCode a try.
I accept PM support for phpBB3. Please do not PM me with MOD or Style support and requests.
"Give a man a fish and you'll have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish and you'll have fed him for a lifetime."

picdome

Post by picdome »

Ddraiggoch06 wrote:
3. If a picture is too large, it will stretch the forum automatically to fit it.
dont knw y my forum not doin this .. forum cover the large pic .(picture is not displayed fully ) what to do ??

picdome

Post by picdome »

pls reply

KevC
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by KevC »

Ddraiggoch06 wrote:3. If a picture is too large, it will stretch the forum automatically to fit it.
Depends on the style.

Here's a fix for prosilver
http://www.ktuk.net/phpBB3/viewtopic.ph ... 4&p=145313
-:|:- Support Request Template -:|:-
Cheap UK Hosting
"In the land of the blind the little green bloke with no pupils is king - init!"

ric323
Former Team Member
Name: Ric

Post by ric323 »

picdome wrote:2, can i make the posting window just like v bulletins .. (when clicked on the image button a new small window asking for image link ..and image is included in the post )
When you are editing your post, just below the edit window are two tabs: "Options" and "Upload attachment".
Use the "upload attachment" tab to upload the photo, and then click on the "place inline" button to show it in your post.
3, is there any way to increase the width of forum according to the width of posted picture .. i see this is phpbb forum also ..
No, the photo uses as much width as it can. You can click on it to reveal more height and remove the scroll bars.
The Knowledge Base contains solutions to many common problems!
How to fix "Doesn't have a default value" and "Incorrect string value: xxx for column 'post_text' " errors.
How to do a clean re-install of the latest phpBB3 version.
Problems with permissions? Read phpBB3 Permissions

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”