Automatic Update which files FTP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
bigaldizzler

Automatic Update which files FTP

Post by bigaldizzler »

Hi, I am asking just to be sure I have performed the update correctly. I think I have successfully updated my test site from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2. What I did was download the automatic update file and extract it locally then use my FTP program to upload the install file to the server. My questions is regarding the files to be uploaded. All I uploaded was the install file to the server...Do I have to upload the doc folder as well? I was able to go through the whole process, I used the FTP method near the end of the update process to complete the update... :ugeek:

If there is an update tutorial can someone post a link...I apologize I can't seem to find one but I did google search to help me install this just wanted to be sure I did it right. Thank you much!
Phil
Former Team Member
Name: Phil Crumm

Re: Automatic Update which files FTP

Post by Phil »

The docs folder is for your use and is not needed, but within it is a guide on installing, which includes update instructions ;)
Moving on, with the wind. | My Corner of the Web
bigaldizzler

Re: Automatic Update which files FTP

Post by bigaldizzler »

LOL thanks! :lol: I didnt see that the first time around :oops: , very simple to follow instructions! Thanks for the link.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”