Posting an ".flv player skin" along with the ".flv movie"

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
dango808

Posting an ".flv player skin" along with the ".flv movie"

Post by dango808 » Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:06 pm

Hello everyone,

i can truly use some help with this. I use our forum to show movies to clients. In Flash i create a .swf file that contains my .flv movie and its skin, but when i post it in the forum only the .swf with the movie plays, the skin does not show up. the skin is a separate .swf file but i can not figure out how to get it to show up with the movie. below is the code i am using to get the .swf with the movie to show, does anyone know how i would get the skin to show as well? the skin is usually called "clearExternalAll.swf" - would i add this to the same line of code the other .swf is in?

Code: Select all

[flash=800,600]http://www.mywebsite/myswffile.swf[/flash]

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

d~

jimdunn

Re: Posting an ".flv player skin" along with the ".flv movie"

Post by jimdunn » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:03 pm

Can you show us a link to an example web page where it works correctly - ie the custom skin loads the custom movie. ?

dango808

Post by dango808 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:40 am

i do not have a link to show. i have not seen it done. i know there must be a way but i can not figure out how. my movie will play fine, but once someone logs into the thread it starts playing automatically with no way to stop it, unless you refresh the page.

anyway, i thought someone here might know. thanks

e~

jimdunn

Post by jimdunn » Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:22 pm

I didn't necessarily mean a link to a phpbb post using the custom skin, just a link to any page on the internet using it, or a similar skin, with the behaviour you desire, so that we could look at the source from the page to see how it is constructed.

dango808

Post by dango808 » Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:43 pm

oh, gotcha.

http://www.johnpitre.com/biomovie.html

this is the excact same type of movie and skin i am trying to post.

they are two separate .swf files that i upload. one file contains the streaming .flv movie and the other is for the skin that is created in flash when i import the .flv to my stage.

thanks for you help.

d~

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”