Adding a Nav Bar Link

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
axiom82

Adding a Nav Bar Link

Post by axiom82 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:17 am

So I'm extremely baffled by my inability to add a custom link to the header nav bar. I went into the files of the only theme I'm using and found the overall_header.html. Inside, I located the div tag with class="navrow" on line 159. I entered a simple <a href="#">Link</a> in that div and nothing, ever, happens :) I can't understand...is the file I'm modifying not the actual file being called by the web server? Is there something unusual about the way this html file is loaded or parsed in phpBB?

gbr1918

Re: Adding a Nav Bar Link

Post by gbr1918 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:12 am

Yeah, that's kind of mysterious, isn't it? My first thought was that either css was making it invisible or text color = background colour, but it isn't that. The xhtml header looks pretty normal, so maybe that really isn't the file getting displayed? Wish I had more time to dig into this. I'll try and have a longer look this evening and if I come up with anything I'll post.
Dave

Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:53 pm

You would need to clear your forum's cache, using the bottom button on the front page of the Admin control panel.

axiom82

Post by axiom82 » Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:12 pm

The cache purging was the issue. Thanks!

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”