phpBB 3, emails, and links in those emails

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
frankoamiricano

phpBB 3, emails, and links in those emails

Post by frankoamiricano »

Went from 2.x to 3.x and all is good, nice update.

There are two spots in the admin in which I can enter in a email address. This seems to always be a issue with phpBB, and was hoping this would be resolved. As far as I can tell, any *nix system out there, no matter what you set the Return-Path: to, you are not going to be able to just add that header, that is not how it works.

That must be set via mail() with the -f option.

What do others see in this regard, look at your email headers, your Return-Path I would bed, on nix, is not going to be as you set, but more like Return-Path: <machine@host.example.com>

Where is the mail() function in the code so I can shove in the -f arg and get this correct?

Is there no way to make a pretty from; and reply-to: header? The source does something like this:
'<' . $email '>'
so, if I enter into the admin:
Firstname Lastname foo@example.com it is going to come out as
<Firstname Lastname foo@example.com>
which is totally wrong.

The links sent in the emails to a subscribed topic for some reason, make me be logged in in order to read the forum post. How do I turn off this feature? I can navigate directly to the post, non logged in, read it just fine, but if I follow a notification email, it wants me to login.

Why in the heck is phpBB email subject encoded?
Subject: =?UTF-8?B?VG9waWMgcmVwbHkgbm90aWZpY2F0aW9uIC0gIiJXZWJzZXJ2ZXIiIHdvbid0IHdv?= =?UTF-8?B?cmsi?=

There should be a third field, which is bounce-address, and that should be set in the php mail() function as the -f option. This has been an issue for as long as I can remember. Users need to define their own bounce, or the ISP gets it. As it is now, I am a small ISP, I have to hit up 30 phpBB installs and edit a file in order to send the bounces to the users, and not to the MTA's default address.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”