Updated 3.0.0 --> 3.0.2 Register Link on main page gone

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Sulaco

Updated 3.0.0 --> 3.0.2 Register Link on main page gone

Post by Sulaco »

Hi

I need som advice from someone with skills :)

I have been running 3.0.0 for a long time and decided to update to latest version. I updated first from 3.0.0 to 3.0.1 and then to 3.0.2 using the update tab (used FTP mode). All went well anf the forum is working fine.

However, I have allways used "Disabled" setting on the User Registration. This means you will see a link on the main page to Register, but the next page says "Registering on this board is currently disabled" or similar.

The problem here is that I do not have any "Register" link on the main page with this setting anymore after the update. If I set the setting to "None" the link appears and you can register, weird!!

The options does not do what they say anymore!

To solve this I have tried re-uploaded the styles folder and Language folder from 3.0.2 files, but that did not change anything.

What can i do to fix this?

The board is here if you want to see:

http://www.therewindforums.co.uk/forums/

Thanks
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Re: Updated 3.0.0 --> 3.0.2 Register Link on main page gone

Post by JimA »

Indeed, in 3.0.1 or 3.0.2 was that changed. When you was not able to register, the link will be hidden.
But of course we can change it, do you want to give us your overall_header.html?
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

Thanks for your help! Yes, I also found out, just a few minutes ago, that this was a change in design and very normal :)

I had made a change in the UCP.php file under "UCP_REGISTER_DISABLE", adding a link to a different registering form. It would be nice to have that back on the main page :)

I have attached the overall_header.html from prosilver/templates, which is the deafult theme for all. Are you able to make that register link visible on the main page it would be great. The file is not modded by me in any way.

Thanks

Code: Select all

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="{S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}" lang="{S_USER_LANG}" xml:lang="{S_USER_LANG}">
<head>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset={S_CONTENT_ENCODING}" />
<meta http-equiv="content-style-type" content="text/css" />
<meta http-equiv="content-language" content="{S_USER_LANG}" />
<meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" />
<meta name="resource-type" content="document" />
<meta name="distribution" content="global" />
<meta name="copyright" content="2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group" />
<meta name="keywords" content="" />
<meta name="description" content="" />
{META}
<title>{SITENAME} &bull; <!-- IF S_IN_MCP -->{L_MCP} &bull; <!-- ELSEIF S_IN_UCP -->{L_UCP} &bull; <!-- ENDIF -->{PAGE_TITLE}</title>

<!--
	phpBB style name: prosilver
	Based on style:   prosilver (this is the default phpBB3 style)
	Original author:  Tom Beddard ( http://www.subBlue.com/ )
	Modified by:      

NOTE: This page was generated by phpBB, the free open-source bulletin board package.
	      The phpBB Group is not responsible for the content of this page and forum. For more information
	      about phpBB please visit http://www.phpbb.com
-->

<script type="text/javascript">
// <![CDATA[
	var jump_page = '{LA_JUMP_PAGE}:';
	var on_page = '{ON_PAGE}';
	var per_page = '{PER_PAGE}';
	var base_url = '{A_BASE_URL}';
	var style_cookie = 'phpBBstyle';
	var onload_functions = new Array();
	var onunload_functions = new Array();

<!-- IF S_USER_PM_POPUP -->
		if ({S_NEW_PM})
		{
			var url = '{UA_POPUP_PM}';
			window.open(url.replace(/&/g, '&'), '_phpbbprivmsg', 'height=225,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes, width=400');
		}
	<!-- ENDIF -->

/**
	* Find a member
	*/
	function find_username(url)
	{
		popup(url, 760, 570, '_usersearch');
		return false;
	}

/**
	* New function for handling multiple calls to window.onload and window.unload by pentapenguin
	*/
	window.onload = function()
	{
		for (var i = 0; i < onload_functions.length; i++)
		{
			eval(onload_functions[i]);
		}
	}

window.onunload = function()
	{
		for (var i = 0; i < onunload_functions.length; i++)
		{
			eval(onunload_functions[i]);
		}
	}

// ]]>
</script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/styleswitcher.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="{T_TEMPLATE_PATH}/forum_fn.js"></script>

<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/print.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="print" title="printonly" />
<link href="{T_STYLESHEET_LINK}" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" />

<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/normal.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" title="A" />
<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/medium.css" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" title="A+" />
<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/large.css" rel="alternate stylesheet" type="text/css" title="A++" />

<!-- IF S_CONTENT_DIRECTION eq 'rtl' -->
	<link href="{T_THEME_PATH}/bidi.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen, projection" />
<!-- ENDIF -->

</head>

<body id="phpbb" class="section-{SCRIPT_NAME} {S_CONTENT_DIRECTION}">

<div id="wrap">
	<a id="top" name="top" accesskey="t"></a>
	<div id="page-header">
		<div class="headerbar">
			<div class="inner"><span class="corners-top"><span></span></span>

<div id="site-description">
				<a href="{U_INDEX}" title="{L_INDEX}" id="logo">{SITE_LOGO_IMG}</a>
				<h1>{SITENAME}</h1>
				<p>{SITE_DESCRIPTION}</p>
				<p style="display: none;"><a href="#start_here">{L_SKIP}</a></p>
			</div>

<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_SEARCH and not S_IN_SEARCH -->
			<div id="search-box">
				<form action="{U_SEARCH}" method="post" id="search">
				<fieldset>
					<input name="keywords" id="keywords" type="text" maxlength="128" title="{L_SEARCH_KEYWORDS}" class="inputbox search" value="<!-- IF SEARCH_WORDS-->{SEARCH_WORDS}<!-- ELSE -->{L_SEARCH_MINI}<!-- ENDIF -->" onclick="if(this.value=='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}')this.value='';" onblur="if(this.value=='')this.value='{LA_SEARCH_MINI}';" /> 
					<input class="button2" value="{L_SEARCH}" type="submit" /><br />
					<a href="{U_SEARCH}" title="{L_SEARCH_ADV_EXPLAIN}">{L_SEARCH_ADV}</a> {S_SEARCH_HIDDEN_FIELDS}
				</fieldset>
				</form>
			</div>
		<!-- ENDIF -->

<span class="corners-bottom"><span></span></span></div>
		</div>

<div class="navbar">

<ul class="linklist navlinks">
				<li class="icon-home"><a href="{U_INDEX}" accesskey="h">{L_INDEX}</a> <!-- BEGIN navlinks --> <strong>&#8249;</strong> <a href="{navlinks.U_VIEW_FORUM}">{navlinks.FORUM_NAME}</a><!-- END navlinks --></li>

<li class="rightside"><a href="#" onclick="fontsizeup(); return false;" onkeypress="fontsizeup(); return false;" class="fontsize" title="{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}">{L_CHANGE_FONT_SIZE}</a></li>

<!-- IF U_EMAIL_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_TOPIC}" title="{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_EMAIL_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_EMAIL_PM}" title="{L_EMAIL_PM}" class="sendemail">{L_EMAIL_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_TOPIC --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_TOPIC}" title="{L_PRINT_TOPIC}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_TOPIC}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
				<!-- IF U_PRINT_PM --><li class="rightside"><a href="{U_PRINT_PM}" title="{L_PRINT_PM}" accesskey="p" class="print">{L_PRINT_PM}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and S_USER_LOGGED_IN -->
			<ul class="linklist leftside">
				<li class="icon-ucp">
					<a href="{U_PROFILE}" title="{L_PROFILE}" accesskey="u">{L_PROFILE}</a>
						<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_PM --> (<a href="{U_PRIVATEMSGS}">{PRIVATE_MESSAGE_INFO}</a>)<!-- ENDIF --> &bull; 
					<a href="{U_SEARCH_SELF}">{L_SEARCH_SELF}</a>
					<!-- IF U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS --> &bull;
					<a href="{U_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}">{L_RESTORE_PERMISSIONS}</a>
					<!-- ENDIF -->
				</li>
			</ul>
			<!-- ENDIF -->

<ul class="linklist rightside">
				<li class="icon-faq"><a href="{U_FAQ}" title="{L_FAQ_EXPLAIN}">{L_FAQ}</a></li>
				<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT -->
					<!-- IF S_DISPLAY_MEMBERLIST --><li class="icon-members"><a href="{U_MEMBERLIST}" title="{L_MEMBERLIST_EXPLAIN}">{L_MEMBERLIST}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_REGISTER_ENABLED --><li class="icon-register"><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
					<li class="icon-logout"><a href="{U_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" title="{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}" accesskey="l">{L_LOGIN_LOGOUT}</a></li>
				<!-- ENDIF -->
			</ul>

</div>

</div>

<a name="start_here"></a>
	<div id="page-body">

<!-- IF S_BOARD_DISABLED and S_USER_LOGGED_IN and (U_MCP or U_ACP) --> 
		<div id="message" class="rules">
				<strong>{L_INFORMATION}:</strong> {L_BOARD_DISABLED}
		</div>
		<!-- ENDIF -->
JimA
Community Team Leader
Community Team Leader
Name: Jim Mossing Holsteyn

Post by JimA »

Okay, make this change and after editing, don't forgot purging the cache. ;)
Search:

<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN and S_REGISTER_ENABLED --><li class="icon-register"><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
Replace with:

<!-- IF not S_USER_LOGGED_IN --><li class="icon-register"><a href="{U_REGISTER}">{L_REGISTER}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
Jim Mossing Holsteyn - Community Team Leader
Knowledge Base | Documentation | Board rules

If you're having any questions about the rules/customs of this website, feel free to drop me a PM.
Sulaco

Post by Sulaco »

Thanks a lot, JimA!

That did the trick. The link is back, thank the lords.. I mean you :) I'll keep this for future need of course :)

Cheers/Goran

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”