Bad Word Filter

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide

Bad Word Filter

Postby linuxboard » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:01 pm

I have what you would call at this time a multilingual problem with integrating phpBB message board that will automatically remove all k and K letters and replace it with unicode code point letter 0915, क.

Could anyone on here help or put me in contact with programmers / website designers that can help?

This is the problem:

phpBB has a bad word filter. However when you say change k/K letter to the devanagri letter, take this example:

"Thank you for registering at FreeForums.org In order to activate your forum, please click this link:"

=becomes=

"क you for registering at FreeForums.org In order to activate your forum, please क this क" .

Thus phpbb filter reads the replacing of =1 letter= (k/K) and putting the devanagri letter (क) as replacing "words" that contain that 1 letter (k/K) and putting the devanagri letter (क). Could be that somewhere in the phpbb filter code there is a "definition" for what is a "filter-unit," that needs changing because though the filter-unit is correct when it "reads," it is also correct when it "replaces"
one_letter_words (for example: space_k/K_space) however the filter-unit is wrong though when it "replaces" more_than_1_letter_words (for example: thank/click etc).
linuxboard

Re: Bad Word Filter

Postby stevemaury » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:25 pm

Looks like it is set to replace *k with क. I don't think you can use the Word Censor to universally replace a single letter in a word with another letter.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

http://www.stevesstocks.com

All unsolicited PMs will be ignored.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Name: Steve

Postby ಠ_ಠ » Mon Sep 01, 2008 11:57 pm

stevemaury wrote:Looks like it is set to replace *k with क. I don't think you can use the Word Censor to universally replace a single letter in a word with another letter.

That may be possible using this modification.
┌┐
ಠ_ಠ Serious business.
ಠ_ಠ

Postby linuxboard » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:57 pm

I requested the website host to install Censor Partial Word Replacement module, http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1020915&start=0

They say that they have installed the module however there is an error message showing, "Language file cpwr_mod.php couldn't be opened"? Could any trusted person answer/install the module properly?
linuxboard

Postby ToonArmy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:02 am

linuxboard wrote:I requested the website host to install [...]

Who is your website host? FreeForums.org?
Chris SmithBlogGitHub
In a foreign field he lay. Lonely soldier unknown grave. On his dying words he prays. Tell the world of Paschendale.
ToonArmy
Former Team Member

Name: Chris Smith

Postby linuxboard » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:03 am

edited
linuxboard

Postby ToonArmy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:11 am

Well we cannot really support you if your host is the one making the changes to the code, you will have to alert them to the fact that there is a problem and ask them to fix it. Support for cases such as this belong in the relevant MOD topic so I will go ahead and lock this topic. Thanks.
Chris SmithBlogGitHub
In a foreign field he lay. Lonely soldier unknown grave. On his dying words he prays. Tell the world of Paschendale.
ToonArmy
Former Team Member

Name: Chris Smith

Return to 3.0.x Support Forum