how to enable flash posting..

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Starrr

how to enable flash posting..

Post by Starrr »

right now i have the flash/ video mod installed.. BUT. when im previewing my post in the left corner it shows the optinos like bbcode, ime, flash, url, and smilies.. well everything is on EXCEPT flash. i looked all over the ACP , and all over these boards, and google, and i cant find how to enable flash... thanks in advance...
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Re: how to enable flash posting..

Post by stevemaury »

Did you check the option to have the code display in the posting page in the BBCode settings?
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

You do not need a mod to display flash.
Set "Allow use of [FLASH] BBCode tag in posts." to "Yes" on the Post Setting page
Make sure "Can Post Flash" is set to "Yes" in Forum Permissions
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Brf is correct, but if you have installed a custom BBCode that has other or different features you want, you have to check the box in the settings to have it display on the Posting page.
I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)
Starrr

Post by Starrr »

see its enabled.. but it still doesnt give me ( a admin) the ability to post anything flash related...

the mod isnt really for flash, but for multiple video sites.. like youtube, vimea, mypsace.. etc etc it allows u just to do a [video] url [/video] code... problem is my board says i have flash OFF.. how do i turn it on :)
Last edited by Starrr on Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

Are you a member of the registered users group? Does that group have permission to post flash in that forum under the Content tab? Posting flash is not an admin permission.
Starrr

Post by Starrr »

hmm ill check. but how do i allow posting flash SITE/ USER wide...
stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by stevemaury »

If the problem turns out to be Permissions, you must give the permission to the registered users group in all forums.
MKULTRA

Post by MKULTRA »

I am also having this issue, for the first time, the Admin Founder can use flash in posts, but I am unable to, in my registered users permissions this is all that is listed for 'All features':

Can attach files
Can disable word censors
Can download files
Can save drafts
Can use signature

The only setting for flash listed is for private messages. Anybody know what is causing this issue or where is the correct place to look at to resolve this issue?

I also checked another forum that flash is working on, and it shows the same selection as above, but the flash on that forum works fine. Where exactly is the flash in posts setting suppose to be located at?
MKULTRA

Post by MKULTRA »

Well, I was looking at the image posted above and realized that my sites 'Board features' is missing that setting:

Allow subscribing to topics: Yes No
Allow subscribing to forums: Yes No
Allow username changes: Yes No
Allow attachments: Yes No
Allow attachments in private messages: Yes No
Allow BBCode: Yes No
Allow smilies: Yes No
Allow signatures: Yes No
Allow disabling of word censoring:
Users can choose to disable the automatic word censoring of posts and private messages.

OK, this is even more confusing on the site that flash is working, does not have that setting listed either.

UPDATE:

OK, I think I tracked it down, you have to actually go into each form and change flash, that is time consuming though. Why was it done like this? Why no global application and why so hidden, sort of lame.
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

If you set it in the Forum Role you are using, you only have to do it once.
If you are using the "Standard Access" Forum Role, you would go into that Forum Role and set "Can post flash" to Yes. You would then use that Forum Role for your Registered User usergroup for each forum.
fairdoes

Post by fairdoes »

I've been around this dozens of times, and youtube embedded videos still go blank when clicked on. Everywhere that i can allow flash, i have, yet editing a post still occasionally shows flash is off!

Can someone please give legible directions to the page on Administration Control Panel, and the operations to perform.
Go to Permissions / Forum Roles
is not helpful, because there is no such section. Does it mean
Permission roles
, or
Forum based permissions
? These 2 sections actually exist :cry:
Brf
Support Team Member
Support Team Member

Post by Brf »

fairdoes wrote:
Go to Permissions / Forum Roles
is not helpful, because there is no such section. Does it mean
Permission roles
, or
Forum based permissions
? These 2 sections actually exist :cry:
Click on the Permissions tab.
Click on the link that says "Forum Roles"
Lord-Link

Post by Lord-Link »

I'm currently running a board and HAVE set all permissions to allow flash... however when i try posting up a flash video from youtube for example i get nothing but the url displayed with the flash tags around it... if i use the url option it just posts a link to the youtube site where the video is located...

here's an example since this forum does exactly the same as mine... btw i will post the various ways i tried...

URL tag
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIT3xvCHQG4&NR=1

Flash tags
[flash=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIT3xvCHQG4&NR=1[/flash]

[flash=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIT3xvCHQG4&NR=1][/flash]

[flash=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIT3xvCHQG4&NR=1]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIT3xvCHQG4&NR=1[/flash]

(on this one below i put 500,500 beside the = on the flash tag for width and height)

any who as you can see that is exactly what my board does and YES i checked the permissions about 5 or more times and it doesnt change it says its allowed... but it sure doesn't seem like it is... any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
opconxps

Post by opconxps »

I'm running into the same situation. This is what I have and all I can see on my test server is the flash content with the controls but nothing plays when I click play.

Background:
I'm using adobe captivate to create flash videos, the videos are published as a flash content .swf. If I simply click the link to the flash content, it allows me to download the flash content and view it but I would like to be able to play them from within the threads themselves. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Code: Select all

[flash=800,600]http://test/phpbb3/files/800.swf[/flash]

[flash=1024,768]http://test/phpbb3/files/1024.swf[/flash] 
Last edited by opconxps on Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”