Error installing phpBB3 with SQLITE

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Oconnor81

Re: Error installing phpBB3 with SQLITE

Post by Oconnor81 »

Thanks for helping :).
My phpBB files are saved in "/usbdrive/www/phpBB" everything in "/usbdrive/www" can be accessed from the internet. You wrote that I should write the absolute path in the database hostname field. So if I write there "/usbdrive/forum.db" I'm getting following error:
"The database file specified is within your board directory tree. You should put this file in a non web-accessible location."

Oconnor81

Post by Oconnor81 »

It is working now :D!
@Database settings
@Database server hostname or DSN:
there I have to use the absolute path like: "/usbdrive/forum.db"
@Database name: just a name like "testforum"

After it, it is working thanks a lot :D :D :D!

@peter.bb
Yes it is working but it is not very fast, I would say punBB is 2 or 3 times faster.
punBB takes about 1-2 seconds to view a page from the forum
phpBB takes about 4-5 seconds to view a page from the forum
But punBB isn't looking that good, phpBB looks a lot nicer and has more functionality! The router isn't designed for that :cry:. But it works :D!

I have a lot of crap installed at my Asus router, so I guess if you only have installed php and sqlite, it could be much faster.

Fallen Soul

Post by Fallen Soul »

I have the same problem but I can't Solve it.

I have the exact same Error. But I don't understand what you mean by making and absolute path. I was using the XXXX.mochahost.com for the DSN.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”