Missing pages in UCP and ACP

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
grovenor

Missing pages in UCP and ACP

Post by grovenor »

The following is the basic SRT
Your board's URL: http://www.merg.org.uk/forum/
Version of phpBB3: 3.02
Was this a fresh install or a(n) update/upgrade/conversion (please be specific)? installed as 3.01 and upgraded.
Did you use an automated wizard provided by your host to install phpBB? No
MODs you have installed: Redbar
When the problem started: Not sure but it was definately OK before upgrade
Your level of expertise (be honest):beginner

Additionally, you may wish to provide the following (where applicable)
Template(s) used:
Language(s) used: English
Version of PHP used: 4.4.9
Database and version used: Mysql, 5.0

In the user control panel the 'Board Preferences' Tab gives a white page with Error 500.

In the 'Administration Control Panel' under the 'General' tab the 'Board Settings' menu item gives a white page with Error 500.

I have checked the system settings and have tried to disable and then enable with no effect.
I have checked all the files in the acp and ucp folders using file compare against files from my local test board which is OK Everything comes up identical.

I have looked at acl_options in the database and I can't see anything amiss.

Essentially I have run out of ideas, where should I be looking to fix this problem?

Regards
Keith

DavidIQ
Customisations Team Leader
Customisations Team Leader
Name: David Colón

Re: Missing pages in UCP and ACP

Post by DavidIQ »

500 is a server configuration error. Are you able to access some sort of PHP error log? Might find a clue there. Try removing some .htaccess files. The server might not be liking some of them.
Apply to become a Jr. Extension Validator
My extensions | In need of phpBB services? | Was I helpful today?
No unsolicited PMs unless you're planning on asking for paid help.

grovenor

Post by grovenor »

The board is hosted with one&one, I can't find any php error log on the user admin pages, unless someone knows where to look.
I had assumed that the htaccess files were important in some way since it is always noted not to delete it when clearing the cache. However I tried your suggestion and removed the files one by one, first that in root, then cache, then files then store. At each stage I tested and nothing had changed, same error messages. And the board all semed to work as normal, so what are the htaccess files for?
Anyway I put them back.
Also noted that when going to the missing UCP page the url is /ucp.php?i=165, which brings up the error, whilst /ucp.php?i=164 and /ucp.php?i=166 work perfectly. I tried replacing /ucp.php with the same file from my other board which is working normally with no effect. Similarly I replaced /adm/index.php which had no effect on the error in the ACP.
So still stumped
Regards
Keith

stevemaury
Support Team Member
Support Team Member
Name: Steve

Post by stevemaury »

Since you only have one MOD, I would upload a complete set of the full 3.0.2 files EXCEPT config.php. If that works, reinstall the MOD. Just for good measure, also run install/database_update.php and then delete the install folder.

The .htaccess files provide some additional security.
For REALLY good and VERY inexpensive hosting CLICK HERE

I can stop all your spam. I can upgrade or update your Board. PM or email me. (Paid support)

grovenor

Post by grovenor »

I was hoping to avoid that but, Ok, bit the bullet and done it.
It has solved the problem but given no clue as to what was actually wrong (the database update reported that all was OK and it didn't have to do anything)
Thanks
Keith

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”