3.0.1 to 3.0.2 auto update catastrophe

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
stopgo

3.0.1 to 3.0.2 auto update catastrophe

Post by stopgo »

Something odd happened while trying to auto update from 3.0.1 to 3.0.2. Using the Auto Updater I got through the database schema update and immediately after was informed that all my files are up to date and to go ahead and delete the "Install" folder. Problem is, the updated didn't perform a file check nor did it prompt me to choose whether to FTP the updated files or upload them manually.

The updater insists that I am running at v3.0.2 yet in the ACP it indicates that I'm still at 3.0.1. phpBB also tells me that my board has no forums and that I cannot access the search function.

Halp! :o

Board URL is here: http://www.theadultgamer.com

I'm relatively comfortable installing MODs and such but beyond that please feel free to treat me like a complete n00b.

Thanks!

UPDATE It looks like everything is cool now. I poked around in the Groups' Permissions and I guess the Admin permissions got messed up during the upgrade. A couple of quick tweaks and everything appears to be okay.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”