question

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Ideas Centre
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
tomboy101

question

Post by tomboy101 »

If i want guest to see what forums i have, how i do that without allowing them to view topics in the forum without signing in, like i don't even wont them to see the topic names? It will just take them to the login page when they click on the forum. If i choose read only they can read everything...

Or how do i change "this board has no forums" on the main page if i hide all from quests?
Attachments
phobbk.PNG
phobbk.PNG (5.69 KiB) Viewed 90 times

grovenor

Re: question

Post by grovenor »

I don't know about your first question, but your second I just did for my forum at http://www.merg.org.uk/forum/. This text is in language/en/common.php around line 367. Its the text following the label 'NO_FORUMS' just change it to what you want. Then 'refresh styles' from the ACP.
Keith

tomboy101

Post by tomboy101 »

thanks man

Kim_Possible

Post by Kim_Possible »

Under Groups' forum permissions for the Guests group, click Advanced Permissions. There you will see a list of options under the Post tab. One is "Can see forum." That should be set to yes. One is "Can read forum." That should be set to no.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”