Forum Image Help!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Scam Warning
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
aMaz3

Forum Image Help!

Post by aMaz3 »

Hello there,

I have a questions about the phpbb standard forums. How do I put an image on the forum category?
I am having trouble with this because it says,
"Forum image: Location, relative to the phpBB root directory, of an additional image to associate with this forum." and I have no clue what this means.

Can someone please tell me what this means and what im suppossed to do to insert any forum image there?

dowelld

Re: Forum Image Help!

Post by dowelld »

When phpBB was installed it was probably installed into a folder called phpBB2/3 or forum(s) that's what most people do. The files and folders inside of that folder are in the root directory of the forum.

If you gave us a link it would be easier to say more exactly.

In that folder you'll find a folder called images with other folders in it, you can create yourself another folder in there and keep your images in it, to address those images you would specify the relative path images/your_foldername/image_name.ext

Hopefully you can see that the relative part of that refers to the fact the it hasn't got a / on the front, so it starts in the forum root folder, and then includes the entire path to the image you want ?

aMaz3

Re: Forum Image Help!

Post by aMaz3 »

Yeah I think it does. 8-)

Thankyou for your help.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”