Grant access to hidden section

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Magicjax

Grant access to hidden section

Post by Magicjax »

I have a section of my board that can only be viewed by members that I've granted access to. Forgive me for not knowing the proper lingo. Basically there's a hidden section that only those I allow in can see. A fellow member here on this forum helped me set this hidden section up.

Now that I'm about to release the forum I realized that I don't know how to grant their username access to this hidden forum. Can anyone walk me through how to do it?

What I'm planning on telling them is to join the forum then send me a request to join this secret section. This secret section is for a product and only those who own this product will be granted access.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

By the way. In case it'll help the forum is here:
http://www.sbultimate.com/ithreadforum/index.php

Ron Jaxon

dowelld

Re: Grant access to hidden section

Post by dowelld »

You can do that with group permissions.

Create a group (if you haven't already) and assign that group permissions to the 'hidden section' then when you want someone to be able to see it you just add them to the group in ACP -> "users and groups" -> "Manage groups"

Magicjax

Post by Magicjax »

Thank you very much for your help. I got it now.

Ron Jaxon

grantgrant

Post by grantgrant »

The other way to do this is to use "forum permission" through admin control panel: only allow certain forums to be visible to "registered member". I got thousands of visitors per day since launch but few people registered, I am thinking about incentives:) (my site is >>URL removed>>)
Last edited by darcie on Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: your site isn't necessary, but thanks.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”