My browser doesn't load correctly the pages of the board!

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Get Involved
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
8black

My browser doesn't load correctly the pages of the board!

Post by 8black »

Please, help me, i'm having a very strange and annoying issue!

As i test my site with several browser, i discovered that my I.E. 5.5 after browsing a few pages of my new board 3.0.2 (just uploaded), seems to loose the most of css!!!

Look at the example:
ImageImage

instead of:
ImageImage

If i refresh the page, then, it load correctly! ...so, i have to hit "refresh" almost at every page i visit!!! :o

But strange things are here:

- The same (identical) board, on local, doesn't have any problem (same pc, same browser)!

- I cleared the cache of IE, erasing all offline content, cookies, and "temp" folder of Windows (Me) and the problem persists.

- Disabled firewall on my PC and the issue remains.

- I visited the board with another PC with the same OS, the same ISP, and the same version of I.E. 5.5: no problem here! :shock:

- With Firefox on my PC, no problem.

I know it's probably a strange situation on my PC but the evenience that somebody else should have same issue is driving me mad!

Any suggestion, please?
8black

Re: My browser doesn't load correctly the pages of the board!

Post by 8black »

UPDATE: it seems a style related issue! I tried to set subsilver2 as default style of the board and it works fine, with same PC and same browser version.

Anyway, why my style should work properly online with Firefox, and on local with IE5 and should NOT online with IE5???

I apologize with mods for posting in the wrong section, i didn't know it was a style issue... if you wanna move this topic for me it's ok.

...but please, give me any suggestion to solve it!

Thanks!!!
Pit$Bull
Former Team Member
Name: Can't Remember

Post by Pit$Bull »

Might I suggest updating to a more current version of IE. ;)
ElbertF

Post by ElbertF »

"Updrade" to IE6 if you're running WinME (or try an older version of Firefox preferably), IE5 is an ancient browser with nearly 0% market share and can't handle modern websites properly (support for CSS is especially bad).
8black

Post by 8black »

As i've already said, is not an issue of IE5, causa i have another PC with IE5 that browse perfectly the board.

The problem only occurs on one PC, with IE5, browsing the board from its remote domain.

On the same PC IE5 doesn't have any problem browsing the same board on local.

So, it's a problem of my style that, when uploaded fail to communicate with the instance of the browser on my PC.

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”