Fresh Install IIS Error

Get help with installation and running phpBB 3.0.x here. Please do not post bug reports, feature requests, or MOD-related questions here.
Anti-Spam Guide
Forum rules
END OF SUPPORT: 1 January 2017 (announcement)
Barry 441

Fresh Install IIS Error

Post by Barry 441 »

Decided to set up a test forum using a copy of a database. Someplace to test things without breaking the live board.

Well, I just downloaded 3.0.2 and uploaded it to my web hosts server.
When I try to enter the site (suppose to default to the installation setup due to the Install folder being there I get the following error:
IISPassword
The page cannot be displayed
There is a problem with the page youare trying to reach and it cannot be displayed. It is most likely that configuration files for this url are corrupted.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please try the following:

Click the Refresh button, or try again later.
Open the home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please contact the Web site administrator by using the e-mail address or phone number listed on the home page.
HTTP Error 500
IISPassword for Internet Information Services
I uploaded a config.php file with the proper database info in it, thinking that would fix the problem, but no luck.
Keep it fun.
StacyRacing.com

CTCNetwork
Former Team Member

Re: Fresh Install IIS Error

Post by CTCNetwork »

Hi,

Web host is running a Windows server?
Are there restrictions on some directories or directory names? I would check with them.

Des. . . ;)
Density:- Not just a measurement~Its a whole way of Life.! ! !
| Welcome! | RTFM!!! | Search! It's Easy! | Problem? | Spam? | Advice! |

AdamR
Former Team Member
Name: Adam Reyher

Post by AdamR »

IISPassword is essentially an addon to IIS which adds .htaccess functionality. Unfortunately, it doesn't work that well and can cause some problems. ;)

Try renaming the .htaccess file in the phpBB root directory to _.htaccess. Also, rename the ones in the cache, store, and images/avatars/upload folders as well. :)

- Adam
phpBB Support: Welcome | Userguide | Knowledge Base | Search
Honored supporter of the phpBB Group!
"If I have seen a little further it is by standing on the shoulders of Giants." - Isaac Newton

Barry 441

Post by Barry 441 »

Yes it's a Windows server CTCNetwork. I did the rename of the .htaccess files and that worked. Thank you very much.

It's strange. They have an "Auto Install" of phpBB 3.0.1 and that worked fine but I wanted to do a clean 3.0.2.

I did notice that their 3.0.1 install has a the Install folder renamed to Install-old.

Thanks for your assistance.
Keep it fun.
StacyRacing.com

Lumpy Burgertushie

Post by Lumpy Burgertushie »

the config.php file is supposed to be blank when you install so make sure it is.

make sure you have a database ready or that you choose a different table prefix from your other board is using the same database .

robert
I'm baaaaaccckkkk. still doing work on donation basis. PM your needs.

Premium phpBB 3.3 Styles by PlanetStyles.net

If nobody is in the forest, does a tree really fall?

Return to “[3.0.x] Support Forum”